Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Depaul looking for a new coach

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Howland isn't out at UCLA because he didn't win. He's out because he ran a terrible program and fostered a vicious culture of terror. Ask Matt Carlino if Marquette should have hired Ben Howland. The reason no one has hired him is because no one wants to play for him.

He would probably win some at DePaul but he would be an awful hire and would have been an awful hire here.
    Strong.

WindyCityBasketball ‏@WndyCtyBsktball 12m12 minutes ago

Have heard DePaul may be moving off of Ben Howland now and pursuing Bobby Hurley.

Lord I hope so.

I'm sure most people on here saw this earlier today, but I'll post for those who didn't:

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN · 10h 10 hours ago
    Names expected to be in equation for DePaul: Ty Corbin, Ben Howland, Bryce Drew, source told ESPN. D-2 coach Linc Darner darkhorse candidate
    DePaul also considering Buffalo coach Bobby Hurley, source told ESPN.

Totally random, but a response to Goodman's tweet that I found hilarious:

Drew Mayhew ‏@remaxkingston 10h10 hours ago
    @GoodmanESPN What is a Linc Darner? #dpubb

Info on Darner

.As a collegiate player, Darner was a four-year letterman for coach Gene Keady at Purdue University, where the Boilermakers went 82-42 in his career (1990-94) and earned three NCAA Tournament bids. He was the first player under Keady to be named a team captain twice, and was a teammate of future NBA #1 draft pick Glenn Robinson, and current Purdue head coach Matt Painter. In 1991, following his freshman year at Purdue, Darner played in the United States Olympic Festival where he helped the North team to a gold medal.

Darner has been a very successful coach at the D2 level. I think he would be considered an up and comer, but DePaul is probably above his level right now. I think if DePaul goes with Bryce Drew, Darner would be a natural at Valpo.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    WindyCityBasketball ‏@WndyCtyBsktball 12m12 minutes ago

Have heard DePaul may be moving off of Ben Howland now and pursuing Bobby Hurley.
    That's who Id go after if I'm Depaul.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    That's who Id go after if I'm Depaul.
    Hard to see him at DePaul. Then again, Buffalo is not exactly a destination.

Ben Howland being linked to Mississippi State job.
    March Madness starts in November

Schmidt brothers confirm:

Have been told by a source who would surely know that Bobby Hurley is now DePaul's top target for the HC opening there.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast