Thread: Zagsblog on MU - Future is Bright

Added Anim for MU.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJesswein View Post
    Butler
    OUT-Kameron Woods, Alex Barlow
    IN: Tyler Lewis (Tr)

Creighton
    OUT-Austin Chapman, Devin Brooks, Will Artino, Ricky Kreklow, Avery Dingman
    IN: Maurice Watson (Tr), Cole Huff (Tr), Justin Patton (4*)

DePaul
    OUT-Jamee Crockett, Greg Sequele, Forrest Robinson
    IN: No Top 100 or Transfers

Georgetown
    OUT: Josh Smith, Mikael Hopkins, Jabril Trawick, Aaron Bowne
    IN: Akoy Agau (Tr), Jessie Govan (4*), Marcus Derrickson (4*)

Marquette
    OUT: Derrick Wilson, Juan Anderson, Matt Carlino
    IN: Wally Ellenson (Tr), Traci Carter (4*), Haanif Cheatham (4*), Henry Ellenson (5*), Matt Heldt (4*), Sacar Anim (4*)

Providence
    OUT: Carson Desrosiers, LaDonte Henton, Tyler Harris (Europe), Kris Dunn (NBA)
    IN: No Transfer/Top 100

Seton Hall:
    OUT: Haralds Karlis, Stephane Manga, Brandon Mobley, Isaiah Whitehead (NBA/Europe)

St John's
    OUT: Jamal Branch, D'Angelo Harrison, Phil Greene, Dom Pointer, Rysheed Jordan (NBA), Chris Obekpa (NBA/Europe)
    IN: Brandon Sampson (4*)

Villanova
    OUT: Darrun Hilliard, JayVaughn Pinkston
    IN: Jalen Brunson (5*), Donte Divincenzeo (4*)

Xavier
    OUT: Dee Davis, Matt Stainbrook

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Added Anim for MU.
    Based it off Scout rankings only--If I included any ranking, there would be a few more.

Thanks for doing that Alex. Nice recap.

Question. They guys you have in italics that might go to Europe or enter the draft, is that pure speculation or are these published rumors you have heard?

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    Thanks for doing that Alex. Nice recap.

Question. They guys you have in italics that might go to Europe or enter the draft, is that pure speculation or are these published rumors you have heard?
    Little bit of both

Based on the above--As of today, I would rank the teams as follows:

1. Villanova
    2. Georgetown
    3. Butler
    4. Xavier
    5. Marquette
    6. Creighton
    7. Providence
    8. DePaul
    9. Seton Hall
    10. St. John's
    Butler will really feel the loss of Woods and Barlow, who were Brad Stevens guys leaving only Jone and Dunham. Woods loss is difficult because he gave Butler height and length that will now be missing. He had 14 boards last night against X before fouling out. X really stuck it to Butler after that. Really think the Bulldogs are going to drop back over the next two seasons unless recruiting picks up. They will be missing Stevens impact then.
    Last edited by Nukem2; 03-13-2015 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Butler will really feel the loss of Woods and Barlow, who were Brad Stevens guys leaving only Jone and Dunham. Really think the Bulldogs are going to drop back over the next two seasons unless recruiting picks up.

Tyler Lewis was a McDonald's All American and will fit in to Butler's style of play much better than he did at NC State (team play vs. individual). With Kellen Dunham, Roosevelt Jones and Andrew Chrabascz back, I have a hard time seeing them struggle next year.

Little bit of both
    Harris at Providence has said he plans to go pro, Dunn is projected as a first round pick so seems likely. I don't think Jordan, Obekpa, or Whitehead would be well-served by declaring early, but that said, none of them going would surprise me. Shake my head at the idiocy? Sure. But surprise me? Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Harris at Providence has said he plans to go pro, Dunn is projected as a first round pick so seems likely. I don't think Jordan, Obekpa, or Whitehead would be well-served by declaring early, but that said, none of them going would surprise me. Shake my head at the idiocy? Sure. But surprise me? Not at all.
    There's always someone willing to win the Vander Blue Award for Premature (Draft) Declaration.

Tyler Lewis was a McDonald's All American and will fit in to Butler's style of play much better than he did at NC State (team play vs. individual). With Kellen Dunham, Roosevelt Jones and Andrew Chrabascz back, I have a hard time seeing them struggle next year.
    Said over the next 2 seasons. Will not be quite as good next year with more of a drop-off the following season without Jones and Dunham. Will be interesting to see how Butler does without Stevens' guys.

Lewis should be a nice replacement for Barlow, but Woods just has rebounding skills and length that can't be replaced next season.
    Last edited by Nukem2; 03-13-2015 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    I think Creighton is in that second tier of teams. Their two best players on the roster (Maurice Watson and Cole Huff) were sitting out this year as transfers, and they return some other nice pieces with Milliken, Hegner, Zierden (if he can just stay healthy), and a couple of serviceable type bigs (Groselle, Hanson). If 1-2 of their freshmen (RS frosh Ronnie Harrell, Justin Patton, Marlon Stewart, Khyri Thomas, or Martin Krampelj) can be a consistent part of their rotation, they should gave a solid, deep group. Do not believe that they will be a top 25 team, but it would not surprise me if they return to the NCAA's.
    Creighton might be an ncaa tourament team. They lost 8 games that were so close this season.
    March Madness starts in November

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast