Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Marquette vs St John's Game Thread

Fischer has to work on being strong with the ball. His hands are terrible as he loses the ball frequently.

Fischer has a pretty decent stroke .....no reason for him to struggle that badly from the line

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Fischer has a pretty decent stroke .....no reason for him to struggle that badly from the line
    agree completely. every time I watch him shoot I am just befuddled at how he can be so bad from the line. He shoots it a bit flat, but other than that he has a really nice looking shot. He really should be a mid 60% shooter at worst and probably upper 60 to lower 70%. Not sure if it is mind games with him or not.

St. John's 61, Marquette 51. With MU's 7-18 performance from the free throw line, they are now 358-548 on the season, 65.32% which is worst in the Big East.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Thank God the officials used a review to check for possession with a minute left in a 16 point game!!!!! What a f'ing joke.

Quote Originally Posted by dubs98 View Post
    agree completely. every time I watch him shoot I am just befuddled at how he can be so bad from the line. He shoots it a bit flat, but other than that he has a really nice looking shot. He really should be a mid 60% shooter at worst and probably upper 60 to lower 70%. Not sure if it is mind games with him or not.
    Actually, Luke has no follow though on his FTs. He spins the ball off his fingers. Taylor is doing the same thing.

really? didn't catch that. will have to watch again. thought he had nice follow through most of the time, but seemed to occasionally short arm it a bit. will check it again. thanks

Interesting moment in the game yesterday.

Cohen must have missed a defensive assignment. We got the ball, moved down court and a pass from the right side to Cohen on the left. He must have taken his eye off the ball and it hit his hand and went out of bounds.

Cohen walked right to the bench, sat down and put his face in a shirt or towel for an extended period of time. Juan was sitting to his left. Juan put his arm around Sandy and talked to him for a good couple minutes straight. You could tell Sandy was really down and probably knew he wouldn't be going back in. That is the kind of leadership and the type of teammate Juan has been at MU. He is trying to play through an injury in a tough season, and at the same time help the young guys too. You could really tell it was a tough moment for Sandy, I really felt bad for him.

Sandy had a "baby giraffe" game yesterday. It happens, and I'm glad Juan took to him there. Sandy has had enough success to know he can play at this level, but also knows that he needs to work hard to get to a point where that success becomes more consistent. He'll get there.

As much as this season has stunk, it's gonna help Sandy, Duane, and Luke going forward. Prior to BE play, Luke had only really played in buy games at IU and MU. It's good for him to get beat up a little bit, now he knows how physical he has to become.

And Duane, what a competitor. It's no wonder why his head coach loves him.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Interesting moment in the game yesterday.

Cohen must have missed a defensive assignment. We got the ball, moved down court and a pass from the right side to Cohen on the left. He must have taken his eye off the ball and it hit his hand and went out of bounds.

Cohen walked right to the bench, sat down and put his face in a shirt or towel for an extended period of time. Juan was sitting to his left. Juan put his arm around Sandy and talked to him for a good couple minutes straight. You could tell Sandy was really down and probably knew he wouldn't be going back in. That is the kind of leadership and the type of teammate Juan has been at MU. He is trying to play through an injury in a tough season, and at the same time help the young guys too. You could really tell it was a tough moment for Sandy, I really felt bad for him.
    Saw that as well. Juan really is a good young man. Sandy really needed some encouragement there.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast