Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Senior Day

Senior Day

Did anybody else notice this?

Following Wednesday's matchup, the Golden Eagles will face DePaul on Saturday, March 7 at 1 p.m. CT when the team will celebrate Senior Day. Marquette will honor Juan Anderson, Matt Carlino and Derrick Wilson in a pregame ceremony.

Wojo must prefer pre-game as opposed to post-game. Probably for the best, win or lose people flock out usually once the game ends.

That stinks. I always loved how we did it, especially with the videos. You could hear the raw emotions from the players and coaches after a hard fought game.

For the players sake, I'd rather they have more people there. I always hated how quickly the place cleared out, especially if MU lost.

When the season is rolling and fans are into it, post game is great. When you have a season like this one, if we are out of it with 5 min to go, the place will be a ghost town.
    This season, I like the pregame idea.

Just to play devil's advocate, are people there in the pregame? Honest question because I'm usually one of the late arriving ones that you guys hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate, are people there in the pregame? Honest question because I'm usually one of the late arriving ones that you guys hate.
    Crisco, c'mon man, get to the seat on time! I'm notoriously anal about being in my seat early (15-20 mins to tip). You're certainly not alone though, plenty of late arrivers for games. Regardless, still will be more people in seats than if they do it post game (I would think, anyway).

I know. Sorry. Most of it is not my fault. I'm coming from practice, games. or workouts etc.

Just to play devil's advocate again, but Senior Day is more about the coach, the players, and the administration honoring the seniors and the seniors getting to address them. In the pre-game, the seniors have to worry about the game. In the post game, they get to talk more about what the players, coaches, and Marquette has meant to them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast