Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This Team

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    You have no way of knowing or basis for saying that coaching is a problem.
    Then by your logic, nobody can say that Wojo isn't a problem - which circles back to Sultan's comment of an incomplete grade which I think is a fair grade.

Wojo has had some positives and negatives, but like some have said I think it's too early to tell one way or the other on what type of a coach we have.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    Then by your logic, nobody can say that Wojo isn't a problem - which circles back to Sultan's comment of an incomplete grade which I think is a fair grade.
    That is what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post

Wojo has had some positives and negatives, but like some have said I think it's too early to tell one way or the other on what type of a coach we have.
    I think Wojo has been creative and on top of things. Given the hand he was dealt, I would give him a solid C+. An incomplete is unfair.

This year, and next year to a large extent, is a rebuild. I said that last summer and still firmly believe that. Buzz dealt the program a difficult hand with his recruiting and subsequent departure. Just what it is. So this team is obviously not good, but to call it awful is disingenuous. Just so many missing and mis-fitting pieces along with the coaching change. I've never felt this team give up...struggle, very definitely....but the effort has always been there as we saw again today. Frustrating for sure...but keep the faith folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    I think Wojo has been creative and on top of things. Given the hand he was dealt, I would give him a solid C+. An incomplete is unfair.
    Unfair? I said incomplete because it's real tough to give him a grade.

But if you're forcing me to give him a grade Id go with a C.

The team sucks. Is it Wojo's fault? Even asking the question suggests the answer.

I know that there is plenty of basketball knowledge on this board, but it cracks me up when 'super fans' criticize the coach when things go wrong. Have you watched this team play? If only Wojo had coached them up better, he could have made up for the vast disparity in talent. Providence pushed us all over the court with their size and length. But it's Wojo's fault. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    The team sucks. Is it Wojo's fault? Even asking the question suggests the answer.

I know that there is plenty of basketball knowledge on this board, but it cracks me up when 'super fans' criticize the coach when things go wrong. Have you watched this team play? If only Wojo had coached them up better, he could have made up for the vast disparity in talent. Providence pushed us all over the court with their size and length. But it's Wojo's fault. Come on.
    Agreed. Also, consider that MU beat Providence rather handily at the BC employing both a 2-3 and a 1-3-1 zone negating PCs superior size and length (remember that Carson DesRosiers was not on the bench that day). Today, PC has scouted those zones and Juan and Matt are coming off injuries and has home court advantage. What else can Wojo do? Just life with a short-handed and unbalanced roster.

PC shot 45% from the floor and 2-11 from 3.....the first shot defense wasn't bad....it was all the layups,dunks and fouls off of 2nd shots that killed MU. They rebounded 54% of their misses.....they had as many offensive rebounds as we had defensive rebounds.

They manhandled a weaker and smaller team......it had to be obvious to anyone who watched the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    They manhandled a weaker and smaller team......it had to be obvious to anyone who watched the game.
    "But the coaching sucks. You just have your head buried in the sand." -MU88, probably

Wojo hasn't even instituted his offense or base defense yet. Need to get a lot bigger quickly beyond the incoming freshmen.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast