Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Team

This Team

It is really hard for me to watch this team.

The defense is atrocious.

There is no ball movement on offense and no player movement.

Rebounding: check these stats. MU has 8 defensive rebounds; Providence has 10 offensive rebounds.

This team has regressed significantly since the end of the non-conference portion of the season.

I can not wait for this season to be over. I have not felt this way about any MU team in decades.

The players look absolutely clueless on both ends of the court.

What happened to the team that somehow beat Georgia Tech, Tennessee, and Arizona State and was at least competitive against Wisconsin.

This team is not even competitive any more.

What happened is that opponents have figured out the zone and this MU team has no answers given the seriously unbalanced roster with a lot of square pegs and round holes. The lack of any experienced size/length/girth is rather obvious. Buzz obviously knew what was south to happen.

Tough question but what amount of fault should be attributed to Wojo? Please don't say zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    What happened is that opponents have figured out the zone and this MU team has no answers given the seriously unbalanced roster with a lot of square pegs and round holes. The lack of any experienced size/length/girth is rather obvious. Buzz obviously knew what was south to happen.
    Excuse. They simply do not appear to be well coached. Painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by MU88 View Post
    Excuse. They simply do not appear to be well coached. Painful to watch.
    Not an excuse. The pieces don't fit and they don't complement each other. Also, the upperclassmen (other than Carlino's 3s when he is hot) have really not performed consistently or productively since earl in the BE conference season. A recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    Tough question but what amount of fault should be attributed to Wojo? Please don't say zero.
    The same percentage you'd assign to the Sixers coach. Can only do so much with the hand you've been dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    The same percentage you'd assign to the Sixers coach. Can only do so much with the hand you've been dealt.
    Yeah I think I agree with you. I thiink some blame has to be put on Wojo, but not much.

I'll be able to evaluate the coach when we have a legitimate high major roster...

..I'm sure Wojo us going to be better a few years from now then he is today but when I watch this team play I don't think..."man if we only had a better coach".....we were terribly undersized before Juan got hurt...now it's almost comical. Derrick was in the post position on Friars free throw attempts late in the game today.....DERRICK!

We are boys against men this year.......it isn't fun but it is the truth

Honestly I can't really tell how good a coach Wojo is right now. The team plays hard, but the roster is so incomplete that he can't really make many adjustments. As far as his performance as a game coach, I have to give him an "incomplete."

A bunch of fair weather fans.

Wojo will be more than fine. This undermanned team is finishing the season on fumes. Marquette's administration, not the old administration, made a decision to build for the long term. That means quality players who buy into Wojo's system, players who can and will perform on the court and in the classroom. The defections were extremely high during BW's run as head coach. The transition cost all but one member of the 2014 recruiting class and three hold overs who didn't like the new regime. What do you expect this season with eight strong or six strong at times? Wojo won a few games with gimmick defenses, Duane Wilson's gradual emergence and Fischer surprising opponents in his first few games. Carlino's concussion and Anderson's injury put extra wear and tear on the rest of the team and messed up a paper thin balance.

The best we have had and the best we really could have hoped for this season is enjoying moments that provided glimpses into the future. Duane Wilson and Luke Fischer are a heck of a core to build on. Listening to Wojo on the radio you can hear the intensity of the work he has been doing and the physical challenge that represents. Like the team he is worn down but not giving up -- during games, during practice or on the recruiting trail.

Ask yourself who would have been a better hire?
    Last edited by TulsaWarrior; 03-01-2015 at 05:39 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast