Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Butler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Not that much talent and definitely not the right mix. Tired of MU fans trying to overinflate the talent level.
    Well then, we need to cease discussions on recruiting and the associated rankings. Are you saying Duane isn't talented? Luke isn't talented? JJJ isn't talented? Taylor? Carlino?

Unfortunately it's looking more and more like we are 2 years away from truly being competitive. Too many holes need to be filled.

Fischer is pissed. Backed Wideman all the way out behind the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    I think we'll be a tournament team next year.
    We need to get much more physical for that to happen. And, we lose the one guy (Derrick) who brings that element.

Need to get a lot tougher. Need to rebound so much better. Need to shoot better. Just a long way to go.

I don't think we're that far away guys. Our problem right now is scoring. Take a Derrick out of the lineup and insert Ellenson. That alone helps out the offense so much. It frees up guys like Fischer and Duane. It gives them more space and time to operate. A guy like Cohen will have more time to shoot. We just need that shooter.

Marquette needs a guy like Wideman. Physical, tough.

It's funny how different people can look at the same thing and see things so differently.....if I'm being honest I think we are the least talented team in the conference.....which is the major reason why we are in last place.

Quote Originally Posted by RJax55 View Post
    We need to get much more physical for that to happen. And, we lose the one guy (Derrick) who brings that element.
    Meh. You lose Derrick and you add Ellenson and that length alone is going to keep more teams out of the paint.

I just don't think the pieces fit yet.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast