Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Butler Thread

Maybe I'm drinking the kool-aide but I really think Luke is going to go down as one of the best big men to play at Marq. He seems to be improving game by game.

brutal and pivotal call against Luke for his 3rd foul

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    Not a good half for Wojo:

-bad technical foul, he needs to chill out
    -with steve at the 5, you can't play Sandy at the 4. Even with Juan having 2 fouls, if you are going to give Luke a break, you have to put Juan at the 4 even with the 2 fouls
    -how do you have Derrick Wilson in for the last possession coming out of a timeout knowing we have zero need for defense.
    Not sure that I agree. A couple of reasons. It looked to me that the players were getting frustrated with the calls. Right before the T was called, JJ turned to the ref and was barking. FS1 cut away to a previous timeout with Wojo instructing the team. When I heard the whistle, my first thought was it was on JJ. Wojo may have seen that and got it himself instead.

Secondly, he was showing his team that he is standing up for them. Again, they were getting frustrated with the calls. He has their back.

They were on a little run, Duane just cut it to 3. You don't take a technical there.

I dont have a problem with getting a tech, just didn't think it was necessary there. Shouldve saved it for Luke's 3rd foul

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    They were on a little run, Duane just cut it to 3. You don't take a technical there.
    As I said, when it was called I thought it was on JJ. It may have been a bad one or he may have saved JJ. I don't know which it was and I know that you do not either.

Killer sequence there... Derrick loses Durham off the inbound and then a bad forced drive by Duane. Too many mental errors

Bad move by Derrick not to go to the basket with the Cohen pass.

Duane has to stop going into the lane as they aren't going to call fouls.

JaJuan has a difficult time determining good shot selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miller View Post
    JaJuan has a difficult time determining good shot selection.
    agreed, but his main issue is on the other end of the floor. Has zero understading of defensive concepts.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast