Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Story on Sacar Anim is up on our front page...

It all depends on if he was measured with basketball shoes which adds 1 1/4 to 1 1/2. Most people older (like my self) when talking height got measured without shoes but the camps and the teams seem to have trended to measuring in shoes more often. Which for obssessed older fans the Difference between 6-3 1/2 and 6-5 is Big. My guess is 6-5 in shoes. Mcneal and DJO were 6-1.5, Wes 6-4, Lazar 6-4.5 and Jae was 6-4.75 all without shoes at NBA camp. I tend to look at what they are in bare feet becuase sometimes you get guys who measure in sandals and only add 1" inch or puts extra inserts and adds 2+"

It sounds just like it is spelled.

Just kidding, I know how to say it, here goes with spelling...

Sah-Car Ann-imm
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

His wingspan is 6'8. I think that's what really matters.

So am I right that an average wing span is a person's height?

So a plus 3 or 4 is really good?

Yes. Normally, finger tip to finger tip is how tall a person is. Plus 3 or 4 is really good.

I always comment on how long someone is, as opposed to how tall they are. Wingspan allows you to get into the passing lanes, deflections, easier to get your shot off etc.
    Last edited by Mucrisco; 02-24-2015 at 11:43 AM.

At least for basketball player's its almost always a plus. When they do the measurements 95% of the guys will have a plus.

if you look at the last draft camp they were 9 guys measured 6-3.5 and there wingspans were between 6-6 and 6-10, The one flaw in this is the better your wingspan the better player you will be and you are more likely to be considered a NBA prospect and invited. So as a NBA prospect he is solid but not extraordinary.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...0&pos=0&sort=2

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    Yes. Normally, finger tip to finger tip is how tall a person is. Plus 3 or 4 is really good.

I always comment on how long someone is, as opposed to how tall they are. Wingspan allows you to get into the passing lanes, deflections, easier to get your shot off etc.
    D Wade and Jerel McNeal come to mind as players that played bigger than their size given their long wingspans. It also looks like Anim has wide hips and broad shoulders like Wes Matthews had, which sometimes can make a guy not look as tall.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    D Wade and Jerel McNeal come to mind as players that played bigger than their size given their long wingspans. It also looks like Anim has wide hips and broad shoulders like Wes Matthews had, which sometimes can make a guy not look as tall.
    That's good fer berthin' aint it?

Great story Jim. Another interest fact about Anim is that he is reportedly an honors student. I like seeing kids committed to work hard on and off the court, and believe that type of discipline will help in maximizing his potential.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Great story Jim. Another interest fact about Anim is that he is reportedly an honors student. I like seeing kids committed to work hard on and off the court, and believe that type of discipline will help in maximizing his potential.
    One thing is for certain in the 10 months Wojo has been on board, we are getting a different type of student-athlete at Marquette

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast