Thread: MU Athletics Survey

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MU Athletics Survey

Marquette Athletics sent a survey today regarding the game-day experience. At the end of the survey, there is a section that allows you to provide text feedback regarding ways in which the game-day experience can improve. My thoughts immediately turned to the Big East rule regarding replays of controversial calls. I have previously contacted the Athletic department regarding this rule, and a spokesperson indicated that Marquette's hands are tied by the league. I realize that the league is trying to prevent in-game scrutiny of officials, but these same officials receive that same scrutiny when officiating in many other conferences, which allow replays.

If you agree with the view that PAYING season-ticketholders deserve to see replays that non-paying television viewers get, please provide that feedback. I realize that there is nothing that Marquette can unilaterally do, but consistent fan feedback may push Marquette pursue this issue in the offseason. It is in Marquette's best interest to enhance the fan experience, and this is a major flaw in the current experience. Marquette would only need to convince a handful of peers in order to change the league rule.
    Last edited by 21rooster; 02-23-2015 at 02:51 PM.