Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MU - Villanova Game Thread

MU - Villanova Game Thread

MU off to a nice start, Juan did injure his ankle on Thursday at practice, he is available, not sure he'll play.

Today's officials are Pat Driscoll, Mike Nance & Clarence Armstrong
    Last edited by IWB; 02-21-2015 at 01:46 PM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

A good number of NBA scouts here today including the likes of Larry Harris, Joey Meyer and Jack Fitzgerald, likely watching Villanova's finest. Jerry Palm also in the house today.

Steve Taylor needed to hit a hoop like that - he builds off of confidence, needs a play like that to build on.

No replays here in the Bradley Center, and poor internet access, was the last foul on Jajuan Johnson clean?

Juan Anderson has been on and off the stationary bike most of the game, but still hasn't seen time. #6 strong?

Stat update: At the 7:01 mark Villanova is on top 26-22

Rebounds - Villanova 16-12. (5 offensive leading to 6 2nd chance points.

Turnovers 2-2 (Luke & Jajuan 1 each)

MU shooting 42.9% from field, Villanova shooting 37.5%

Points in Paint - Villanova 8-4

Replay on the Ts - what happened?

Butler down 21 at Xavier in 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Replay on the Ts - what happened?
    What happened was terrible refereeing. The ref is looking at Wilson and 3 Nova players chirping at each other and does nothing to get in between and break them apart. Only after there is a little shoving does he get in to separate the players. Even with that, really no reason to call double techs.

And of course after something like that, what do regs do? Start calling the game tight and a bunch of ticky tack calls that hurt the team playing with 6 guys.

I had actually thought they called a T on Villanova players for leaving the bench. As soon as there was a push, there were 7 Villanova players in or near the bench side of the lane.

That last foul on JJ was just brutal......I mean it is hard enough to play with 6 guys without this kind of crap officiating.....

I can't wait to have a full team again so Wojo has some options and the players don't have to play while thinking"I can't foul...I can't foul...."

6 guys healthy......I have never seen anything like this.....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast