Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rant

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysfryboy View Post
    I know that the halftime/second half start is bad at most games, but especially on National MU day. Lots of reunions, especially young alums sitting in larger groups in the upper deck.

That said, there is no reason that the concessions staff doesn't have 30 large miller lites ready to go at each register, along with a dedicated beer pourer. stupid that the person on the register also has to go fill beer cups.
    Bingo. I am a stickler for this. However, with the big crowd, the BC was not prepared. Met some friends at the Leine's Lodge...was fourth in line and finally got our beers as the 2nd half was restarting. Had one server per side with open registers on both sides. I wanted to start pouring it was going so slowly. The line was 20 yards long.

I think the new arena will solve this with more clubs built in with court views. Fans like to meet up with friends at games although their seats are not together. The NBA knows this.

This problem is no different than at Miller Park where all the tailgaters arrive in the 2-3rd inning, btw.

It sounds like the issue isn't Marquette fans lollygagging in the hallways and not caring about getting back for the 2nd half, though I am sure there are some that fit that description. The issue seems to be that the concession staff isn't properly staffed to get people served in time to get back to their seats. If in fact this is what the issue is, then maybe something can be said to the athletic department to try and get this problem solved.

BTW, along these lines, did everyone see Roy Williams rip on the NC fans? Very interesting and not sure I would want Wojo doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    It sounds like the issue isn't Marquette fans lollygagging in the hallways and not caring about getting back for the 2nd half, though I am sure there are some that fit that description. The issue seems to be that the concession staff isn't properly staffed to get people served in time to get back to their seats. If in fact this is what the issue is, then maybe something can be said to the athletic department to try and get this problem solved.

BTW, along these lines, did everyone see Roy Williams rip on the NC fans? Very interesting and not sure I would want Wojo doing this.
    Majority of the problem by far!

I couldn't believe the upstairs Pizza concession stand wasn't open. If it's not open yesterday, when will it ever be open? That at least would have shortened some of the lines. I think they should have a clock in the hallways. It's tough to figure out how much time is left in halftime.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Bradley Center likely will not agree to dim the lights. Economically, they want people to spend as much as possible, so it's in their interest to keep people in the concourse as long as possible. That's why they don't have clocks in the concourses showing how long until the game restates.

That said, MU could easily work with the BC to prevent people from walking in during play. However, to do that, they would have to prevent the big dollar folks in the Courtside Club from walking out during play and that's just not going to happen.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Do they have vendors selling beer in the seats at Bucks games? They obviously don't at MU games, so everyone that wants a beer ends up trying to buy one at the same time during halftime.

If I can go from section 442 and go all the way outside for my halftime smoke and return with 4 minutes left on the halftime clock, others dam well can make it back into their seats as well.
    March Madness starts in November

A few points -

1) On Gato's comment about the fans - Sultan, that is exactly what Jay Wright said in the post game presser. You may not want to believe it, but those were Jay wright's exact words.

2) Whoever made the comment about the beer pouring - I have been saying this for YEARS. Yes, it is great that people can work the concession stand and have the money go to their charity - great way to raise money, but it is a major cause of the problem. People not being able to find the right buttons on the register, people having to go get popcorn, then return and hand it to customer, then go fill two beers, and then realize they forgot the hot dog..... You want people to buy more? Make it easier for people to buy. Years ago I always went to the same section at halftime. People often asked why I didn't want a beer - reason? Because it was too much of a pain in the butt to wait in line to get one.

3) I can't remember where it was, I think Wisconsin or DePaul? They have curtains at every entrance and when the game starts, they close them, and only let people return to their seats when there is a break in the action.

4) MU Panther says he goes downstairs, outside, back in and upstairs with plenty of time. I know I sit in the media seats, but it isn't always quick and easy to get back into the media room at halftime, but I do. I then talk to a couple people there while I wait for stats. Then I get the stats, I head back out and around. I usually stop to see Gato on the opposite side of the arena and talk to him while I scour the recruiting section. I then talk to Homer for a bit, another guy at the scorers table and then head back to my seat on press row with about 3 mins to go in the half. There is plenty of time to get in and get out, it is the lines at the charity run concession stands that back everything up.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    A few points -

3) I can't remember where it was, I think Wisconsin or DePaul? They have curtains at every entrance and when the game starts, they close them, and only let people return to their seats when there is a break in the action.
    No way this happens. Too many big dollar donors head to the Courtside Club before halftime and come back when the 2nd half is under way. No way MU tells the big dollar folks they can't walk to their seats while the game is going on. Not. Gonna. Happen.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    A few points -

1) On Gato's comment about the fans - Sultan, that is exactly what Jay Wright said in the post game presser. You may not want to believe it, but those were Jay wright's exact words.

Jay Wright mentioned that the fans weren't back in their seats?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast