Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rant

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Looks horseshit on TV and that doesn't help recruiting.
    It doesnt impact our recruiting. Relax.

No BS. Wright said this in his post game comments.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    Jay Wright "taking advantage?" Come on Gato - I get the frustration with the empty seats to start the half but Archiediacano bombing deep treys to start the half had nothing to do with our fans or lack there of in their seats. Jay wright did nothing different than he would normally do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    No BS. Wright said this in his post game comments.

No he said "before fans could get into it." Even if all fans are in their seats, it is hard to "get into it" immediately.

I think it is a bit of hyperbole to suggest that fans not getting in their seats immediately is hurting Marquette's performance on the floor as well as recruiting.

It is really annoying to have fans constantly stepping in front of you and walking up the steps so you have to either peer around them or watch the big screen to see the action.

Sat up in 424 yesterday and the parade of fans climbing up and down the stairs was constant.

I agree with Gato that it is annoying and MU needs to eventually try to do something about it (A 2-minute warning notice throughout the arena, roping off walkways once the ball tips and until there is a timeout). I disagree that it hurts recruiting or that it is why Villanova went on a run to start the 2nd half. What was more noticeable was how packed the arena was for a 3-10 team in conference. There were plenty more shots throughout the game of a packed house than there were of the beginning of the 2nd half.

Not much that can be done about it other than roping off the entrances at the start of the second half and making people wait until there is a timeout. Personally, I think it's rude when people aren't in their seats by the start of the second half but sometime it isn't their fault. Long bathroom lines, long concession lines, walking through lots of people in a small area, etc. Maybe the new arena will help solve some of those issues.

So "before fans could get into it" means something else? Good God, man.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    No he said "before fans could get into it." Even if all fans are in their seats, it is hard to "get into it" immediately.

I think it is a bit of hyperbole to suggest that fans not getting in their seats immediately is hurting Marquette's performance on the floor as well as recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    So "before fans could get into it" means something else? Good God, man.

Yes. Sorry if you disagree.

Theatres dim the house lights as a signal to attendees that intermission is ending and it's time to return to their seats. Maybe something similar could be done at the BC to solve this etiquette issue.

I know that the halftime/second half start is bad at most games, but especially on National MU day. Lots of reunions, especially young alums sitting in larger groups in the upper deck.

That said, there is no reason that the concessions staff doesn't have 30 large miller lites ready to go at each register, along with a dedicated beer pourer. stupid that the person on the register also has to go fill beer cups.
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast