Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rant

I don't remember the exact quote, but I was 5 feet from him when he said it. Gato's post said, "...before the fans could get into it"

That is pretty close to accurate. To start the second half Nova hit a three. Their bench went nuts. MU came down and Cohen hit a three. It wasn't exactly loud in the BC. Then Nova countered with another and then went on a run.

Ask any player from any team about how much they feed off of the crowd. They will all tell you it makes a huge difference. MU never has a solid crowd to start the second half.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

This didn't happen to impact our play when we had better teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I don't remember the exact quote, but I was 5 feet from him when he said it. Gato's post said, "...before the fans could get into it"

That is pretty close to accurate. To start the second half Nova hit a three. Their bench went nuts. MU came down and Cohen hit a three. It wasn't exactly loud in the BC. Then Nova countered with another and then went on a run.

Ask any player from any team about how much they feed off of the crowd. They will all tell you it makes a huge difference. MU never has a solid crowd to start the second half.
    And, the crowd was really sparse at the start of the second half Saturday.... No vibes or electricity....
    Last edited by Nukem2; 02-23-2015 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOMU1104 View Post
    This didn't happen to impact our play when we had better teams.
    Who knows? First off, I never said it impacted the team, but it certainly doesn't help. As I said, the team feeds off of the crowd. When Cohen hit his three answering Nova's three, if the crowd goes nuts does that help fuel the team on defense? Some say yes. Some say no, but I have never heard a player say, "No, the crowd doesn't matter".

Many times you will hear players say "the atmosphere is electric", and that they "feed off of it". The atmosphere is never electric to start the second half, far from it actually.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

It's like this

I had a bunch of my housemates and their spouses up (10 guests all sitting together in the high altitude seats) Of course I sat in my seats. A little before the end of half I said "Game is starting, let's go in." They had not seen each other in a couple years and stayed and talked for half of the second half. Only a handful were even casual fans of the team. I saw the whole second half. Not much I could do about it. That is why we are going to rent a box next year so they can talk the whole game and I can sit in the seats outside the box and someone can get beer for me.

Either you're good or you're bad. We're bad. Fans walking in late has nothing to do with it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234