Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    We need a shooter.
    We need a lot more than that

We need a shooter.
    And a ball handler, a rebounder,...

We need a shooter.
    We need a point guard, some shooters and some rebounding/toughness. Need to fill all 3 scholarships with guys who can play and play on both ends. Can't make a mistake.

I think if we pick up a point guard, he'll be a backup to Duane, who will have been in the system for a year.

Just need one solid scorer/ball handler. Many key guys are getting a trial by fire, and Henry Ellenson is coming in at just the right time for the program (and I believe a top talent can be that transformative). I expect that Wojo will sign more then one guy, but I think this team is far closer to being good next year then many people think right now.
    #BringShakaHome

I think if we pick up a point guard, he'll be a backup to Duane, who will have been in the system for a year.
    I don't know. Wojo has been so reluctant to play Duane at the point. Especially with Carlino out, I thought he would get some time at the point, just to spell Derrick. However, Derrick went all 40 against Seton Hall and played 37 minutes tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I heard several comments about the students at halftime. I even went to the student section and asked the kid in the first row.

IWB: "where are the students, do you guys have break or something?"
    Student: "No, a lot of people have class."
    IWB: "That's weak."
    Student's friend: Looks at student with a look of disgust and says, "That is weak."
    A lot of those students who came left very early as well. Very weak student showing for a Tuesday night in early February.

Quote Originally Posted by RJax55 View Post
    I don't know. Wojo has been so reluctant to play Duane at the point. Especially with Carlino out, I thought he would get some time at the point, just to spell Derrick. However, Derrick went all 40 against Seton Hall and played 37 minutes tonight.
    That might be because he is the primary scoring option right now. You'd think it would be Fischer, but with Derrick and Juan out there, we don't have the shooters to give Fischer space to get the ball or to score.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Just need one solid scorer/ball handler. Many key guys are getting a trial by fire, and Henry Ellenson is coming in at just the right time for the program (and I believe a top talent can be that transformative). I expect that Wojo will sign more then one guy, but I think this team is far closer to being good next year then many people think right now.
    Unless Wally comes in and shows he can really rebound, we need help on the glass. I have zero faith in Taylor. Tonight was a prefect illustration of his MU career.

Coming off a terrific performance against Seton Hall (14/6), he goes for 0 and 1. Terrible.

But, that's what he's done at MU. Goes for long stretches with zero to little production, then boom, a great game. Then back to nothing.

His freshman year it was chalked up to being a freshman. Last year, it was because of injuries and Buzz. But, this year???

Also, MU will need another scoring guard. I'm not convinced that over the off-season that the large offensive holes in JJJ and Sandy's games can be fully fixed. JJJ needs so much work on his outside shot and Sandy's ball-handling needs major improvement.

A lot of blame can be placed on MU's staff tonight as the team looked clueless when X went to its relatively passive 1-3-1. Needed to attack the corners, but never did trying to go to the middle where X was jamming things. Another learning lesson for all.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast