Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile over in the Atlantic 10

A 12 team league with divisions could have a nice 16 game schedule. Home and home with the 5 other teams in your division, alternate home and away yearly with the other division. That way you build rivalries within division and still play everyone every year.

East: Villanova, Georgetown, Providence, St John's, Seton Hall

West: Marquette, DePaul, Creighton, Butler, Xavier, Dayton

Personally, I would like to keep Dayton and Xavier together if we added them. I'd also like to keep the original five East Coast teams together. I know geography can't be the only factor, but it sure makes VCU look attractive. I'm sure those East Coast teams would rather someone closer to home too.

The only schools that the Big East should move off of 10 for are UConn and Notre Dame. The rest do not add enough extra value or are logistically impossible (Gonzaga).
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    The only schools that the Big East should move off of 10 for are UConn and Notre Dame. The rest do not add enough extra value or are logistically impossible (Gonzaga).

For now...yes.

But who knows what the next 5-10 years brings.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    I agree with this. I also agree with Sultan's response below yours. These are the only two (or I could add Cincy and Louisville) that I would consider at the present. That is why a wait and see approach works perfectly fine right now. Sit tight and see what else happens down the road.

I don't want anyone with D1 football or they'll always be tempted to chase the carrot. Notre Dame might be the one exception due to their football independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    I don't want anyone with D1 football or they'll always be tempted to chase the carrot. Notre Dame might be the one exception due to their football independence.
    Yep. Those schools are pipe dreams anyway. FB is simply more important to them ($$$$$$).

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Yep. Those schools are pipe dreams anyway. FB is simply more important to them ($$$$$$).
    Basketball is so much of a after thought when comparing to football.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post

There is no chance ND leaves the ACC. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by 79warrior View Post
    There is no chance ND leaves the ACC. Please.
    No chance, I agree, I was just addressing wf4l mentioning UConn and ND.
    Last edited by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"; 02-04-2015 at 12:37 AM.

I agree that there is little chance that ND leaves the ACC or UConn gives up on FBS football in the near future, and therefore want no part of expanding the league. That is the level of school it should take to change the current awesome set-up. Do not believe that it is in a coincidence that 2 of the top 3 leagues this year are 10 team leagues (and will likely put in 13-14 teams in the NCAA Tournament).
    #BringShakaHome

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast