Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile over in the Atlantic 10

Meanwhile over in the Atlantic 10

The SLU doomsayers look like they may have been right. They are 1-7 in conference right now with only 0-8 Fordham behind them.

Not exactly shocking. Crews is a poor recruiter. Not much left after last year. Attendance is down around 17%. Unfortunately with Rick gone, SLU has to start all over.
    Last edited by MU88; 02-02-2015 at 11:44 AM.

Easy to say this now, although many people thought at the time that Crews was not the right choice for the permanent gig.

I'm probably way higher on him than most people, but if things don't improve next year they should bring Drew Diener back to campus to take over.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    Easy to say this now, although many people thought at the time that Crews was not the right choice for the permanent gig.

I'm probably way higher on him than most people, but if things don't improve next year they should bring Drew Diener back to campus to take over.

He's probably a step away from that level. For instance, if Jeter is out after this year, UWM would be a good logical step.

I think SLU should take a hard look at Wardle in the offseason, and that would be a nice gig for Wardle to take as a transition to the high-major level (and yes, I think the A-10 is a mid-major under the current structure).
    #BringShakaHome

A-10 is a weird league, as half the league is a mid-major and other are high majors.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    I think SLU should take a hard look at Wardle in the offseason, and that would be a nice gig for Wardle to take as a transition to the high-major level (and yes, I think the A-10 is a mid-major under the current structure).
    I may be wrong, but with Wojo getting the MU job instead of him, I would be shocked if he didn't have his sights set on DePaul.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Oliver Purnell isn't getting fired. They are having the best season they have had in years.

If I was Wardle, I would try to find an A-10/American level gig, and then go to a high-major opening. He would be a strong choice for DePaul, but not sure if going to DePaul is the right move for him. I can understand being disappointed in not getting the Marquette job, but really feel like he would be a good candidate next time it is open.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Oliver Purnell isn't getting fired. They are having the best season they have had in years.
    I wasn't suggesting that Purnell was getting fired this year, but I do wonder if he will be retained after his contract is up?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast