Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: MU vs Butler game thread

Am I nuts or did the Butler coaches T win this game? The refs completely changed the way they were calling the game after that, allowing Butler to close gap with clock stopped. They were letting them play until then.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Why would any recruits be in the house? Think about it, most of the top prospects played last night or play today and there is a winter storm coming in.

Tough year. Lose most of the close games and you don't have any depth.
    IWB said Henry was there. Thought I saw him on TV behind the MU bench.

He's talking potential recruits.

This January, I've seen enough failed stall offenses (in two sports) to last the next ten years. All but two guys shut it down on offense in last four minutes..that is just too easy to defend.

I am struggling with the suggestion that Wojo directed them to run clock. I think it is more an execution issue that left them with bad/defended/late clock shots, not Wojo telling them to dribble around aimlessly for 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    I am struggling with the suggestion that Wojo directed them to run clock. I think it is more an execution issue that left them with bad/defended/late clock shots, not Wojo telling them to dribble around aimlessly for 30 seconds.
    I will say that there were a lot of last second possessions in the first 36 minutes. Bottom line is that everyone is growing this year and most objective signs look very positive long term.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Am I nuts or did the Butler coaches T win this game? The refs completely changed the way they were calling the game after that, allowing Butler to close gap with clock stopped. They were letting them play until then.

I don't think the refs had anything to do with it. MU was out-coached and out-played the last four minutes of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I don't think the refs had anything to do with it. MU was out-coached and out-played the last four minutes of that game.
    I agree. Wojo was simply outcoached here, though those pesky offensive rebounds did not help. Seniors really need to come up big in games like this. Alas, that was not the case. It was a tough one today at the BC, we move on.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Why would any recruits be in the house? Think about it, most of the top prospects played last night or play today and there is a winter storm coming in.

Tough year. Lose most of the close games and you don't have any depth.
    Did someone piss in your cheerios this morning? I thought I heard that Sacar Amin was coming in for a visit. Wasn't Henry Ellenson in from Rice Lake today according to IWB? If he could make it with the storm of the century coming why couldn't others? Maybe YOU think about it. Geez.
    Last edited by ge1974; 01-31-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenlegal22 View Post
    IWB said Henry was there. Thought I saw him on TV behind the MU bench.
    Not sure where he was, but he was on the Jumbotron during Smile Cam in first half.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast