Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MU Sports Medicine Partners with Bucks

MU Sports Medicine Partners with Bucks

I like how engaged it appears Lovell and MU are with the new Bucks ownership team.

From the JS article;
    "Marquette University and the Milwaukee Bucks on Thursday are expected to announce a new partnership involving the field of sports medicine."

Seems Lovell and MU working with the Bucks owners is already paying off.

Being in a positive relationship with the Bucks ownership, who have the ability to donate significant dollars is a good thing.
    Who knows, maybe some day it will be "The Edens Department of Sports Medicine" at MU, endowed by the Bucks owners.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwauk...290219921.html

Perhaps this parcel houses an athletics dorm as well?

Channel 4 News reporting that Marquette "is open" to creating a new training facility for the Bucks. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Channel 4 News reporting that Marquette "is open" to creating a new training facility for the Bucks. Interesting.
    Wouldn't that be something. That would be a nice selling point for the program, having that level of a relationship with the Bucks.

There are some really smart people calling the shots at MU. What a change from the Pilarz era.

Can you imagine having an NBA practice facility at the same location as MU Sports Medicine school and MU practice facilities, wow. Great job by those at MU to be creative when working with the new owners, and having some vision.
    I'd have to think Wojo is happy too.

Great news but I guess I am a little confused on exactly what this building will be, beyond the indoor lacrosse/soccer facilities and how the Bucks would use it.

Isnt there practice facility going to be a part of the new arena? If not, does this potentially indicate a smaller footprint for new arena and a possible site closer to this facility and WI Ave?

I don't know about the arena, but it sounds like the new MU practice facility would have indoor fields for soccer, lacrosse and also a track. It will also have the new state of the art, world class sports medicine facility. Wouldn't the Bucks want their new practice facility be as close to, or attached to the world class sports medicine facility? I would think yes.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Does MU offer a sports medicine program, beyond PT? Or is that the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorCandelino View Post
    Would be part of College of Health Sciences

http://www.marquette.edu/explore/majors.php

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorCandelino View Post
    One of my daughters went to college for Sports Medicine. There were 6, I believe, in the Midwest. The only two in Wisconsin were UW - La Crosse and UW - Madison. La Crosse had the better reputation. MU did not have one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast