Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox Sports article on MU/Luke

I noticed the writer states that MU will not be in the NCAA tournament this year. I realize it is the optimistic fan in me speaking, but with 11 conference games left and the Big East Tournament, I am not ready to write off the NCAA tournament quite yet. Would I bet on it....No, but stranger things have happened in college basketball. As soon as MU gets to 9 losses, I will acknowledge a Big East Tournament championship is required.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I noticed the writer states that MU will not be in the NCAA tournament this year. I realize it is the optimistic fan in me speaking, but with 11 conference games left and the Big East Tournament, I am not ready to write off the NCAA tournament quite yet. Would I bet on it....No, but stranger things have happened in college basketball. As soon as MU gets to 9 losses, I will acknowledge a Big East Tournament championship is required.
    God bless your optimism, now pass whatever it is you're smoking and drinking. Just have to hope they can run the table in NYC. To do that, obviously it would help to not finish in the 7-10 range to avoid having to play on the first night - but that will be difficult.

Agreed. We have at minimum 12 games remaining. It is about Duane, Luke, Sandy and JJJ at this point. If they were to all take big steps, maybe a post season bid happens, but I am not optimistic. Get those 4 better now, improve in the off season, add a McDonals AA and maybe you have something for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    Agreed. We have at minimum 12 games remaining. It is about Duane, Luke, Sandy and JJJ at this point. If they were to all take big steps, maybe a post season bid happens, but I am not optimistic. Get those 4 better now, improve in the off season, add a McDonals AA and maybe you have something for next season.
    I would trim JJJ off that list until he can succeed within a team concept consistently against strong competition.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    I would trim JJJ off that list until he can succeed within a team concept consistently against strong competition.
    Now is the time to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    I think you are saying the same thing, basically. He listed the people who need to take big steps for MU to make a move to the post season. He followed it up and said he was not optimistic. JJJ would and should be on the list. Whether he can do it is entirely different.

11 combined wins would probably get us in. But that sounds like a very tall order, winning 9 of the next 12 (including BET)

To clarify my initial point, I think we will be good next year in large part due to Luke, Henry, Duane, and Sandy. Do not believe that JJJ will play a huge part in the success or failure of this season and coming seasons.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    God bless your optimism, now pass whatever it is you're smoking and drinking. Just have to hope they can run the table in NYC. To do that, obviously it would help to not finish in the 7-10 range to avoid having to play on the first night - but that will be difficult.

This is the first game this season, conference season at least, that the MU team stopped caring, stopped playing hard. Seton Hall hit some tough shots to start the 2nd half, but the defense by MU was laughable, and we have seen that MU can play very good defense. Maybe players have decided to mail this season in like the fans, too bad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast