Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BrewCityBall Radio's Inside The Al

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    There's no guarantee, but I can see it being worth trying on a 2-year basis. If it doesn't work, go back to what sort of works now. But if it does, why not be the trailblazer in improving the level of refereeing in the sport?
    I doubt anyone would think the refereeing would be improved just because they were only doing BE games.

Fans always have seen Refs as incompetent because they only really notice the mistakes.....and personalities of some will always rub fans and coaches the wrong way.

Mistakes would still happen and personalities would still rub people the wrong way........Not sure how the NCAA grades refs but maybe that is part of the problem.

I think it is just a tough job and these guys eventually forget over time that nobody is there to see them......

I think they need to rotate the refs through the conferences during the season. It would make for more uniformity and breed less fan contempt because the fans won't be getting on a guy like Jim Burr as a result of a call he made a few weeks back (I did that one time pre-game and before I could finish he said "that wasn't my call"). Then a foul in the BIG EAST is also a foul in the ACC etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12