Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Big Homestand Ahead

It's pretty simple. If JJJ deserved to play more he would play more. Don't ask me. Ask his prior two coaches.

I can use my imagination and see a coach who is trying to build a program and a culture. His efforts aren't served by handing out playing time based on potential versus hard work and practice habits.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post

JJJ had the worse +/- on Marquette's team yesterday (-11). I know it is an imperfect statistic but still...
    I ignore that stat as its is so dependent on a lot of other things. Worthless yesterday as JJ was not on the floor after 6:39 to go in regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    It's pretty simple. If JJJ deserved to play more he would play more. Don't ask me. Ask his prior two coaches.

I can use my imagination and see a coach who is trying to build a program and a culture. His efforts aren't served by handing out playing time based on potential versus hard work and practice habits.
    Where do you get these sports platitudes - Chip Hilton books? You roll these out in almost every response.

JJJ had the worse +/- on Marquette's team yesterday (-11). I know it is an imperfect statistic but still...
    Oh, was he guarding their center?

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Where do you get these sports platitudes - Chip Hilton books? You roll these out in almost every response.
    Thanks brah. I just call it like I see it. If you think JJJ is the answer that is pretty sad and I am getting sick of hearing it.

But hey, if you can't handle my hot takes, maybe you should log off for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Thanks brah. I just call it like I see it. If you think JJJ is the answer that is pretty sad and I am getting sick of hearing it.

But hey, if you can't handle my hot takes, maybe you should log off for a while.
    No one thinks JJ is the "answer". Just saying that he needs to get more PT with the short roster as long as he plays like he did on Saturday (not perfect, by any means). But good enough to keep the others less winded.

Oh, was he guarding their center?

I wish. Probably more effective than him "guarding" the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    No one thinks JJ is the "answer". Just saying that he needs to get more PT with the short roster as long as he plays like he did on Saturday (not perfect, by any means). But good enough to keep the others less winded.

He played 17 minutes. That was plenty.

I wish. Probably more effective than him "guarding" the perimeter.
    Says the person that Junior and Derrick would basically be interchangeable parts in the S16, S16, S8 run. The insanity keeps on coming.

I await another LOL non-clever, non-substantive response.

Says the person that Junior and Derrick would basically be interchangeable parts in the S16, S16, S8 run. The insanity keeps on coming.

I await another LOL non-clever, non-substantive response.

Seriously WTF is your problem? We differ on JJJ's value. That's OK. People can have different opinions.

But you are the one making it personal with both kneel and me. Insults and cheap-shots are the methods of the weak.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast