Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Big Homestand Ahead

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    At this point, I wish Wojo would play him 40 minutes a game to shut the 'play JJJ more minutes' crowd the hell up.
    Sheesh...just suggested he get more PT as the season starts to wind down. This is a rebuilding season after all.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Only reason why people think JJJ had a solid game, because he didn't look terrible. Still couldn't hit that open three.
    Yeah, he needs to watch Derrick shoot those turn-around threes as the shot clock winds down. . Seriously ,though, I think Wojo should give him a red light on 3s until his overall play is more consistent. And, yes, he played well yesterday despite that missed 3.

aside from horrible defense, yeah, he was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Yeah, he needs to watch Derrick shoot those turn-around threes as the shot clock winds down. . Seriously ,though, I think Wojo should give him a red light on 3s until his overall play is more consistent. And, yes, he played well yesterday despite that missed 3.

Yep, he play well. 17 minutes 2 points on 1/3 shooting, 2 assists and 0 rebounds. I guess not playing terrible is now called playing well.
    March Madness starts in November

Was watching him. The defense was fine.

Jajuan's defense was much better yesterday. Closed out on shooters. Active hands but didn't over gamble on steals. If he keeps playing like that he will earn more minutes and deservedly so.

Most important, he didn't jack threes. His only 3 attempt was to beat the shot clock. Numerous times it looked like he wanted to shoot but may have had a red light. I was pleased with JJJ yesterday.

What are you going to do next year when Derrick and Juan are gone ? Curl up in the fetal position? The two most propped up players in recent memory - you guys crap on present and past players' legacy - Dominic, Junior, Jamil, Davente, Todd, Deonte at the top of the list - to elevate Juan and Derrick. It's unreal and pathetic. Myth making at its very best. You guys crap not only these players playing abilty but their character - either explicitly or implied.

The fact is it is a rebuilding year and Nukem is just suggesting a tweaking of the allocation of minutes - not a dramatic one - with 8 guys you can't anyway. I don't think Wojo is going to be walking up and down the sidelines next year thinking "Gosh darn it - why did I cut back Juan and Derrick's minutes by 5-10 minutes a game for those last 10 games last year".

Use your imagination for once and look forward. I contend that MU won't be sacrificing W's anyway - certainly can't do any worse. Hutch rotted on the bench much of his freshman year and almost lead them to the NIT championship.

Wait, maybe you will be happy as I am assuming JJJ - you know, one of the guys who didn't jump ship after the coaching change - will be gone after this season - more culling of the herd. Then you can crap on him with even more enthusiasm than you are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    What are you going to do next year when Derrick and Juan are gone ? Curl up in the fetal position? The two most propped up players in recent memory - you guys crap on present and past players' legacy - Dominic, Junior, Jamil, Davente, Todd, Deonte at the top of the list - to elevate Juan and Derrick. It's unreal and pathetic. Myth making at its very best. You guys crap not only these players playing abilty but their character - either explicitly or implied.

The fact is it is a rebuilding year and Nukem is just suggesting a tweaking of the allocation of minutes - not a dramatic one - with 8 guys you can't anyway. I don't think Wojo is going to be walking up and down the sidelines next year thinking "Gosh darn it - why did I cut back Juan and Derrick's minutes by 5-10 minutes a game for those last 10 games last year".

Use your imagination for once and look forward. I contend that MU won't be sacrificing W's anyway - certainly can't do any worse. Hutch rotted on the bench much of his freshman year and almost lead them to the NIT championship.

Wait, maybe you will be happy as I am assuming JJJ - you know, one of the guys who didn't jump ship after the coaching change - will be gone after this season - more culling of the herd. Then you can crap on him with even more enthusiasm than you are right now.
    Yup, give the kid a chance. He is trying and he had a decent, albeit not perfect, outing yesterday. This is a rebuilding year, give guys a chance. BTW, he was not on the floor during the meltdown yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Yup, give the kid a chance. He is trying and he had a decent, albeit not perfect, outing yesterday. This is a rebuilding year, give guys a chance. BTW, he was not on the floor during the meltdown yesterday.
    Correct - JJJ played 17 out of the 45 minutes yesterday - how on earth did Butler score when JJJ was not in the game???

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Correct - JJJ played 17 out of the 45 minutes yesterday - how on earth did Butler score when JJJ was not in the game???

JJJ had the worse +/- on Marquette's team yesterday (-11). I know it is an imperfect statistic but still...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast