Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Homestand Ahead

Likely need to win 4 at the Garden if we want to go dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    3 games at the BC over the next 8 days (G-Town, SHU & Butler). After the 3rd game, we will be at the mid-point of the BE season. The outcomes of these games will give some direction as to how the conference season will be going. 5 of the final 9 will be on the road (Nova, SHU, Creighton, Butler and Providence). So the 2nd half of the BE brings no guarantees. Some thoughts on where MU stands after these next 3 games:

3-0 (5-4): Things are looking up. Even with the road schedule, a possible .500(+) season is still in sights.

2-1 (4-5): Things start to get iffier. That .500 season is getting much tougher.

1-2 (3-6): Things are getting bleak. My 6-12 projection is unfortunately looking more likely. Some lineup changes?

0-3 (2-7): Season is unraveling. Time to go to developmental and play the seniors off the bench.

The next 8 days will be interesting. Need to protect the house (and, the season).
    Well, Scenario #3 is now the best available outcome. Now at 4 straight losses. Really need to come with the A game on Saturday. Zone was not very active last night. Need to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Likely need to win 4 at the Garden if we want to go dancing.
    I would go beyond that even... We will need to win four in the Garden if we want to go dancing, and that could likely be our only shot at a post season appearance of any kind.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Big homestand...

Not sure wins and losses matter too much at this point.

Had we won the last 2, they would. Carlino toeing the line and that 17-2 run to start the second half changed that quite a bit. The good news is Sandy is really growing as a player. If he keeps this up and Duane can find some consistency, we'll have a lot to look forward to. The reality is this was a complete overhaul, and Wojo has done a great job just keeping this team in pretty much every game. Still a lot worth watching for, though the end results sure do leave you feeling gut-punched.

Minnesota Jeb posted something over at Scout that raises an interesting thought in my mind. Perhaps a couple times a game, Wojo could resurrect Al's "scrambled eggs" and play the underclassmen as a unit at some point in each half as a disruptive measure while giving the seniors a break....?

I think that would work better if we had more players on the roster. Right now the underclassmen would mean Duane, Luke (both starters), Steve, Sandy, and Jajuan. Unless you want to take two of them out and put the Maches in.

Heaven forbid, but when was the last time MU lost three in a row at home and five in a row overall? That has to be motivation to win tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Minnesota Jeb posted something over at Scout that raises an interesting thought in my mind. Perhaps a couple times a game, Wojo could resurrect Al's "scrambled eggs" and play the underclassmen as a unit at some point in each half as a disruptive measure while giving the seniors a break....?
    The Scrambled Eggs had a short life. We were 8-18 that first year - the Eggs might have contributed to three victories. Plus the Eggs were five dedicated players; we don't have enough bodies, unless you use the two walk-ons.

By Al's second year the Scrambled Eggs were gone.

VS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast