Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Homestand Ahead

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantSailor View Post
    The Scrambled Eggs had a short life. We were 8-18 that first year - the Eggs might have contributed to three victories. Plus the Eggs were five dedicated players; we don't have enough bodies, unless you use the two walk-ons.

By Al's second year the Scrambled Eggs were gone.

VS
    Hank had a variation of that concept his first year as HC - was it called the Blue team or something like that? Oliver Lee, Larry Hatchet, Tony Davis - all frosh - along with Robert Byrd who was the soph - drawing a blank on the others. Short lived as I recall.

Paper shows Butler as a 2.5 point favorite today. I don't think MU is going to be favored in any game the rest of the way except perhaps for Senior Day over DePaul. Don't mean to be a Negative Nellie, but its going to be a real challenge for our guys from here on out. Hope our guys can keep a stiff upper lip and pull out a few W's while the young guys keep developing. Lets Go Warriors.

I feel confident of a win today.

I don't see this team finishing with a record over .500... I don't see any game the rest of the way where it should be a win, even DePaul has been playing better
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

I think today's game, at Creighton. Xavier, St. John's, and DePaul are all very realistic opportunities for wins. May not (and probably do not) win them all, but all are games the team should feel confident about winning. The other games will all be long shots, but then again we damn near won a couple of long shot games already (at Georgetown and at Xavier). Hoping that Wednesday night's game was an outlier due to hot Seton Hall shooting, and we play at the level we had previously (where we were unlucky not to win any of those previous three games).
    #BringShakaHome

We definitely will win some games before the end of the year, but I don't see any where we should be favored.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    I feel confident of a win today.
    Hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    3 games at the BC over the next 8 days (G-Town, SHU & Butler). After the 3rd game, we will be at the mid-point of the BE season. The outcomes of these games will give some direction as to how the conference season will be going. 5 of the final 9 will be on the road (Nova, SHU, Creighton, Butler and Providence). So the 2nd half of the BE brings no guarantees. Some thoughts on where MU stands after these next 3 games:

3-0 (5-4): Things are looking up. Even with the road schedule, a possible .500(+) season is still in sights.

2-1 (4-5): Things start to get iffier. That .500 season is getting much tougher.

1-2 (3-6): Things are getting bleak. My 6-12 projection is unfortunately looking more likely. Some lineup changes?

0-3 (2-7): Season is unraveling. Time to go to developmental and play the seniors off the bench.

The next 8 days will be interesting. Need to protect the house (and, the season).
    Unfortunately, Scenario #4 has come to pass. Now a formidable 2 game road trip ahead at Nova and SHU. Probably need to get Sandy and JJ more PT now? JJ had a nice game yesterday in his minutes. Hopefully, he can build upon that. Really need to get Steve going to at least give some decent mintes in relief of Luke and Juan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Unfortunately, Scenario #4 has come to pass. Now a formidable 2 game road trip ahead at Nova and SHU. Probably need to get Sandy and JJ more PT now? JJ had a nice game yesterday in his minutes. Hopefully, he can build upon that. Really need to get Steve going to at least give some decent mintes in relief of Luke and Juan.
    At this point, I wish Wojo would play him 40 minutes a game to shut the 'play JJJ more minutes' crowd the hell up.

Only reason why people think JJJ had a solid game, because he didn't look terrible. Still couldn't hit that open three.
    March Madness starts in November

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast