Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Big Homestand Ahead

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    He played 17 minutes. That was plenty.
    I agree with you. The whole minutes distribution really is a non issue. JJJ hardly plays, we lose. JJJ play 17 minutes, we lose. Quite honestly, no matter what the rotations are this year we lose. We can put every combo in the blender and the results would likely be the same. The pieces are not there this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 79warrior View Post
    I agree with you. The whole minutes distribution really is a non issue. JJJ hardly plays, we lose. JJJ play 17 minutes, we lose. Quite honestly, no matter what the rotations are this year we lose. We can put every combo in the blender and the results would likely be the same. The pieces are not there this year.
    Hmmm...that really is the crux of the matter. Whatever the lineups, we lose. In such a rebuilding year, why not start giving the young guys more minutes or, at least, minutes in meaningful timeframes and start building for the future. Feels like we are beating ourselves in the head every game and still end up with a L.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Hmmm...that really is the crux of the matter. Whatever the lineups, we lose. In such a rebuilding year, why not start giving the young guys more minutes or, at least, minutes in meaningful timeframes and start building for the future. Feels like we are beating ourselves in the head every game and still end up with a L.
    I don't think this horse is dead quite yet:

flogging_a_dead_horse.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    I don't think this horse is dead quite yet:

flogging_a_dead_horse.jpg
    Good grief, no one is suggesting that. Just give the young guys a bit more meaningful PT. Come off your high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Good grief, no one is suggesting that. Just give the young guys a bit more meaningful PT. Come off your high horse.

JJJ is getting 15.6 mpg in BE play and 19.8 overall. (Not including his suspension game.) I view that as "meaningful" already.

It's the same argument, over and over again: rebuilding year, play the youngsters more minutes versus building a culture, rewarding effort through playing time. I think everyone knows where we all stand on this issue by now. What else is there to say?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456