Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buzz responsible for what we have become?

Buzz responsible for what we have become?

A couple of things come to mind about Buzz while watching tonight's game.

1. Talent level is woeful. Did he leave because he didn't want to deal with what he knew was a talent drop off?
    2. What is the real story about Jameel McKay? I don't think we ever got the real story. My guess is he had some grade manipulation to get into MU and had to go. He obtained a ridiculous number of credits in a short time. How can anyone think he would need to redshirt with the lack of scoring and athleticism? Was Buzz that clueless? Doubtful.
    3. We had more talent last year and did no better than this year. What the hell was going on last year?

I give this team credit. Doing everything they can but each player is somehow limited. Carlino can't dribble and guard; Derrick cannot score etc etc. No one on this team is a well rounded player. That is on Buzz either due to recruiting errors or development errors. Derrick and Juan are playing like dogs who have been beat too much, spend half their life just covering up. I think that is entirely on Buzz. The proof is Derrick on the line--made fts in high school at a good rate. Now, he is afraid of the line, shooting less than 50%. What the hell happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    A couple of things come to mind about Buzz while watching tonight's game.

1. Talent level is woeful. Did he leave because he didn't want to deal with what he knew was a talent drop off?
    2. What is the real story about Jameel McKay? I don't think we ever got the real story. My guess is he had some grade manipulation to get into MU and had to go. He obtained a ridiculous number of credits in a short time. How can anyone think he would need to redshirt with the lack of scoring and athleticism? Was Buzz that clueless? Doubtful.
    3. We had more talent last year and did no better than this year. What the hell was going on last year?

I give this team credit. Doing everything they can but each player is somehow limited. Carlino can't dribble and guard; Derrick cannot score etc etc. No one on this team is a well rounded player. That is on Buzz either due to recruiting errors or development errors. Derrick and Juan are playing like dogs who have been beat too much, spend half their life just covering up. I think that is entirely on Buzz. The proof is Derrick on the line--made fts in high school at a good rate. Now, he is afraid of the line, shooting less than 50%. What the hell happened?
    Legit points. We will be in a situation with no point guard, very little returning scoring and plenty of inexperience. I think Duane Wilson will be good, Sandy Cohen has lots of potential and Fisher will be fine. JJJ, well not sold on him. I have no idea how how ended up so highly rated coming out of HS. Unless Wojo lines up some Juco's, next year will be very similar to this year.

JJJ has plenty of talent. He needed to be coached last year. He is playing like a frosh. Right now, if you go player to player, it seems like the last two years were a complete waste and they are all trying to figure it out--except Carlino, who wasn't here. Every guy on the roster is one or years away from where they should be. Juan Anderson has plenty of ability and hustle. What happened to his development?

Obviously, Buzz ( and MU ) was a victim of Murphy's Law. He could only go so far as what was left to him and his Juco connections. Was not a developer of talent. Rather, a reaper of available talent. We as MU reaped those benefits. Unfortunately, those benefits were not renewable given the restraints of the new administration under Fr. P and Larry W. we move on. I believe Wojo will do fine from what we ave seen. Frustrating right now, but the future looks good. We thank Buzz, but we move on

Mentioned this on Scoop, but recruiting misses in successive years with Jamail Jones, TJ Taylor and Jamal Ferguson left the team woefully short in the 2/3 positions. Then Blue leaves early, and Mayo is a complete f*ck up, and you are left depending on guys that are talented on paper but can't perform yet on the floor.

So yeah Buzz the GM is who I think is to blame primarily for last year and this year.

If you believe that Buzz was a detriment to the development of some of these guys (and it is hard to argue with you on that point) I am worried that Wojo is doing the same to JJJ. Kid has some talent and it is apparent but seems Wojo has picked him out as the guy he is going to use to make a point. In turn , he will be run off when in fact there is talent there to be found.

Just so frustrated right now on how this program has fallen so quick and so hard.

I thought we had the real story on McKay.....Buzz discussed redshirting with him and he freaked out and quit......Hasn't IWB confirmed that version of events?

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    If you believe that Buzz was a detriment to the development of some of these guys (and it is hard to argue with you on that point) I am worried that Wojo is doing the same to JJJ. Kid has some talent and it is apparent but seems Wojo has picked him out as the guy he is going to use to make a point. In turn , he will be run off when in fact there is talent there to be found.

I'm not sure about that. Wojo looks to be the second coach who can't get to him. I think you are probably looking at a guy who isn't very coachable.

JJ played in a very unstructured high school system from the games I recall watching......some kids can make the adjustment and some don't.

Seems like a nice kid but not fundamentally sound IMO.

We used to have tough wing players...... guys that guarded and took it to the rim hard and weren't afraid of contact.....JJ is not that guy...at least not yet.

JJJ followed up his highlight dunk with a undisciplined, one on four turnover. Wojo was rightfully pissed. Does some good stuff. Does a lot of bad stuff.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast