Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: SJU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Just a little short on the road every game. Not a bad team by any measure. Looking forward to the future.
    Well said and the future being Saturday.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Why would you take out the Providence game when you are talking about points scored in Big East Play??? Selective ripping to make your point?
    We all get your point, but Juan has been all over the board in BE play. He really needs to be far more consistent for our Warriors to win on the road this season. To be very truthful, he ha a very rough outing tonight. Such is life.

Why would you take out the Providence game when you are talking about points scored in Big East Play??? Selective ripping to make your point?
    Because right now, that game appears to be an anomaly.

To be fair Derrick did have 6 rebounds and 7 assists but the only shot he took was a desperation 3 at the end of the clock...it is just very hard to have a good offense when the guy with the ball in his hands the most is just a total non threat to score the ball.

And I like Derrick.....

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    To be fair Derrick did have 6 rebounds and 7 assists but the only shot he took was a desperation 3 at the end of the clock...it is just very hard to have a good offense when the guy with the ball in his hands the most is just a total non threat to score the ball.

And I like Derrick.....
    We all do, but Derrick (and Juan) is what he is. Both simply need more well developed talent around them to be more successful. It is what it is in what is most definitely a rebuilding season. I'm just enjoying the development of the young guys like Sandy tonite. Not worried about the NCAAs.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Because right now, that game appears to be an anomaly.
    Exactly. Its an outlier so far in conference play.

Even when included, Juan's averaging 7 a game in Big East play. More is needed considering the amount of minutes he's getting.

Quote Originally Posted by RJax55 View Post
    Exactly. Its an outlier so far in conference play.

Even when included, Juan's averaging 7 a game in Big East play. More is needed considering the amount of minutes he's getting.
    That's all you needed to do. I'm not saying you can't critique the kid's play. Just be fair about it. Don't penalize him because he had a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    We all get your point, but Juan has been all over the board in BE play. He really needs to be far more consistent for our Warriors to win on the road this season. To be very truthful, he ha a very rough outing tonight. Such is life.
    You obviously don't get my point. Critique his entire body of work if your going to throw out specific stats. You can't leave some stuff out to suit your argument. He wasn't talking about a specific game. He was talking about the Big East season.

This team is what it is -- a hard-working, but severely limited offensive team. If Carlino isn't on one of his tears, the team has zero outside shooting threats (btw, Pointer is the best all-around defensive player I have seen in college this year -- the game completely changed when he started guarding Carlino). The team is also limited athletically and very limited physically (the guys need some some serious weight training in the off-season). Their biggest deficiency is in ball-handling -- Derrick is the only player I trust with the ball, but he's a zero threat to do anything with it.

All that being said, with the exception of the Ohio St. and Mich. St games, MU has had a chance to win every game this year (including all their Big East road games). The team needs more size, skill, strength, shooting and depth. Hopefully next year's recruiting class and the off-season will provide much of that.

You obviously don't get my point. Critique his entire body of work if your going to throw out specific stats. You can't leave some stuff out to suit your argument. He wasn't talking about a specific game. He was talking about the Big East season.
    I said he has been all over the map in BE play and needs to be more consistent. Then simply added that he had a rough game last night. Juan simply is rather small and slight of frame to do some of what he is being asked to do in BE play. Hopefully, he can gain some level of consistency over the rest of the BE season. Not knocking his efforts, just noting the results. He is what he is.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast