Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Wojo also said we should have won that game and he was disappointed. He is not into moral victories. JJ obviously did something more than having a bad practice or two.
    As I said above, the staff was really on him during the Creighton game. I was not really surprised he did not play. Wojo will either get through to him or he will be a nonfactor going forward. Too bad, they could have used him today.

Carlino had 0 assists and 5 turnovers. His attempted entry passes in 2H were pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Carlino had 0 assists and 5 turnovers. His attempted entry passes in 2H were pathetic.
    I really do not like the ball in Carlinp's hands. I do not care for his decision making and he is too loose with the ball at times. He also throws the ball at the hoop a lot when he drives. Misses poorly. I see him more of a spot up shooter, but this team has limitations and he needs to play all facets.

I agree, his entry passes are poor, though he did have a good one to Luke and could have had an assist, if Luke makes the bunny.

The team had 9 assists total today. Derrick had 6, everyone else combined for 3.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    I really do not like the ball in Carlinp's hands. I do not care for his decision making and he is too loose with the ball at times. He also throws the ball at the hoop a lot when he drives. Misses poorly. I see him more of a spot up shooter, but this team has limitations and he needs to play all facets.

I agree, his entry passes are poor, though he did have a good one to Luke and could have had an assist, if Luke makes the bunny.

The team had 9 assists total today. Derrick had 6, everyone else combined for 3.
    Car3no taketh...Car3no giveth away. Unfortunately. But, the alternatives arenot there, especially with a DNP-CD......... What a roller coaster season!

A huge play in this game was the phantom charge called on Luke by our favorite ref Jim Burr, who was hypnotized by that Oscar winning flop by Stainbrook. Game simply changed after that. Need to keep Luke and Juan out of foul trouble as Steve just seems to be chained to the floor. Can he help this team in a meaningful way given his obvious inability to jump or move in traffic now...?

Didn't Burr also miss a goaltend? It looked like X took a ball of the rim at one point in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Didn't Burr also miss a goaltend? It looked like X took a ball of the rim at one point in the second half.
    yep.....but to be fair he would have to look at the rim to see it..........can't expect an official to do that.....

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Yeah, I think Stainbrook tapped one away that was on the rim...was it on a Juan shot?

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post

If you are talking about his feed to Luke for the game winner at the end, that was not a good feed. He was double teamed, jumped and threw it to Luke. Was almost stolen were it not for Luke's size.

Feeding the post is not one of MC's strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    If you are talking about his feed to Luke for the game winner at the end, that was not a good feed. He was double teamed, jumped and threw it to Luke. Was almost stolen were it not for Luke's size.

Feeding the post is not one of MC's strengths.
    He jumped because X's C Stansbury (?) came up to help. That left Luke on the 4 and to make the pass, he had to get it by Stansbury. Luke also did not help with his positioning on that play. I have noticed that at times Luke is set up on the wrong side or is positioned backwards. The pass came from the top right and Luke's seal made the pass much more difficult than it should have been.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast