Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Of course the program can afford losing a guy who doesn't want to buy in to what Wojo wants to do. We have to rebuild the way Wojo wants. JJJ would never have been recruited by Wojo. If he doesn't buy in, so be it.
    OTOH, how small a roster will we continue to have. Really understand what you are saying, but reality strikes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    OTOH, how small a roster will we continue to have. Really understand what you are saying, but reality strikes as well.
    We can add players. Players that Wojo picks.

And Johnson isn't on the verge of becoming anything. He's been one of our worst players despite extended opportunities to establish himself.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    We can add players. Players that Wojo picks.

And Johnson isn't on the verge of becoming anything. He's been one of our worst players despite extended opportunities to establish himself.
    Problem is that the pickings are slim now going into April. Pushes MU another season out. JJ ha actually done a lot of good stuff recently other than a couple plays against Creighton. And, it's not like the other 7 have been remotely close to perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Problem is that the pickings are slim now going into April. Pushes MU another season out. JJ ha actually done a lot of good stuff recently other than a couple plays against Creighton. And, it's not like the other 7 have been remotely close to perfect.
    Whether for next year or the year after. I don't know what we are arguing about. Maybe you are just ornery after Packers collapse..?

I think everyone wants JJJ to learn from this, grow as a basketball player, and finish his career at Marquette. I also think everyone agrees that if he doesn't, and continues to half-ass it in practice, that he should be playing elsewhere.

JJJ hasn't done nearly enough to make me think a transfer would push MU "another season out."

The guy has shown flashes, but ultimately lost the trust of two coaches in two years. If he figures it out, great. If not, let him be Middle Tennessee State's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    JJJ hasn't done nearly enough to make me think a transfer would push MU "another season out."

The guy has shown flashes, but ultimately lost the trust of two coaches in two years. If he figures it out, great. If not, let him be Middle Tennessee State's problem.
    Yep.

Aren't we jumping the gun a bit on Jajuan? He was just held out of one game due to practice habits/attitude. I assume Saturday was a big wake up call for him. I gotta believe the message was received. If he doesn't play against St. John's, then I'll be worried.

I will worry about too many players leaving when Wojo has all of his own guys (and the Levin deal was just plain odd, and not much on Wojo). Johnson has raw talent, but has an issue with fitting into a team dynamic.

For next year, Henry gets most of the attention (and rightfully so, as he is likely a stud from day one), but I really what Cheatham and Heldt can accomplish in the program. I think both guys could be rotation players next year. Also, I am a big fan of Nick Noskowiak's game and hope that everything can be squared away in his life and he meets his potential on the basketball court.
    #BringShakaHome

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567