Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marquette vs Creighton Game Thread

did I read that right, that there has only been 2 free throws in the game?? not sure I have ever seen that in a half. JJJ throwing the ball around or defensive lapses? surprised to see juan not in the starting lineup.

thanks marked...evidently my screen is not scrolling to the last two players on MU on the gamecast. Is Creighton really that bad this year? do they have anyone that could help them next year or are they in trouble for the next few?

Quote Originally Posted by dubs98 View Post
    did I read that right, that there has only been 2 free throws in the game?? not sure I have ever seen that in a half. JJJ throwing the ball around or defensive lapses? surprised to see juan not in the starting lineup.
    Creighton is big on the front line and Wojo matched that.

JJJ's struggles were offensively.

For JJJ, bad shot and turnovers. He and Derrick ran as bad of a 2-on-1 break as you're going to see.

Luke has to be smarter with his fouls. Too important of a player for us.

Agree, JJJ made some bad decisions. Too concerned about 'showtime', needs to just play ball and hustle back on D.

MU went to the 1-3-1 zone with a long Juan Anderson at the top of the key and it caused a lot of problems for Creighton. The Blue Jays went almost 9 minutes in first half without a field goal.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Talked to several people at the half including MU people - not thrilled about the officiating, especially the calls on Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Talked to several people at the half including MU people - not thrilled about the officiating, especially the calls on Luke.

The second foul on Luke was really weak. Stephens is a better official than to call that. Especially with what he lets Creighton get away with on d. That second foul on Luke was in getting if me.

Derrick with a huge block on a three forcing the shot clock to expire - he's having a pretty solid game.

Stephens is going to T Wojo before this one is over.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast