Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jamail Jones to transfer

Jamail Jones to transfer

Sophomore Jamail Jones Granted Release From MU

Atlanta Native Plans To Transfer

Milwaukee – Sophomore forward Jamail Jones has been granted his release from the Marquette University men’s basketball team and intends to transfer to another program, head coach Buzz Williams announced Friday afternoon.

In two seasons with the Golden Eagles, Jones averaged 1.6 points and 1.3 rebounds per game in 46 career appearances. His lone start came this past season at West Virginia. The 6-6, 210-pounder shot 33.7 percent from the floor, 22.5 percent from behind the 3-point line and 60.0 percent from the charity stripe in 7.5 minutes per night.

“We are thankful for Jamail’s investment of time, energy, and his character during his time with us,” Williams said. “Everyone in our program will miss him greatly and wish him the absolute best as he pursues his academic and basketball career. We will all be cheering for his success.”
    Last edited by IWB; 04-27-2012 at 03:32 PM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Did Buzz put the Big East, ACC, Big 10 and Iowa State on the restricted list? Or did Buzz have a realationship with Jamail that was civil and Jamail actually would talk with Buzz so that is not necessary?

Does MU still have time to photoshop his likeness out of the team picture?

Good luck to Jamail. Like Buzz said, I will be cheering for him wherever his next stop may be.

I always liked Jamail. Hard not to. Always had a smile on his face. Seemed like a class act. I hope he finds success whereever he ends up. Unfortunately, he never caught on to the defensive side here enough to make it.

He's had Jimmy Butler, Joe Fulce, Jae Crowder and Jamil Wilson ahead of him the last two years, so playing time was at a minimum. A year off to develop at a good school could really help him. Moving to a school closer to Atlanta?

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    He's had Jimmy Butler, Joe Fulce, Jae Crowder and Jamil Wilson ahead of him the last two years, so playing time was at a minimum. A year off to develop at a good school could really help him. Moving to a school closer to Atlanta?
    I agree Ted. I think a year off could really help Jamail.

Always liked him, seemed like a real positive guy. Best of luck to him. That being said, not exactly a "shocker".........will this be all.

What is the number of D1 transfers up to now?

CBS Sports is at 375 plus
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

good luck to him...just was at marquette at a bad time with a lot of talent to play behind. seemed lost on defense a ton when he was in there..and never knocked down that shot consistently..but we wish him well

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast