Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Karl Hess

What an idiot. Though I'd be curious to know what Shah said beforehand, something tells me it wasn't completely unprovoked. Hope the Big East follows suit.

So what did he say that was bad.
    March Madness starts in November

He goofs around a lot? Yeah, King Karl (who is quite liberal with his ejection finger) has a real great sense of humor!

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    So what did he say that was bad.
    he was being ridden by Atlanta hotel magnate Mit Shah, the former chairman of the Wake Forest BoT when he responded, "When I get older and retire I want to sit in that seat and watch your Egyptian ass ref a game."
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Dangerous for me to comment on without knowing the exact context and whether or not they're close, but if they have a relationship and he was just busting Shah's chops it appears like a politically correct overreaction by the media. My friends and I say stuff like that to each other all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    Dangerous for me to comment on without knowing the exact context and whether or not they're close, but if they have a relationship and he was just busting Shah's chops it appears like a politically correct overreaction by the media. My friends and I say stuff like that to each other all the time.
    I agree, but I guess this guy complained about it so they must not be too close.

It is hard for me to be unbiased as I think Hess is one of the biggest turds in college officiating. And I do not mean to be unkind to turds with that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    he was being ridden by Atlanta hotel magnate Mit Shah, the former chairman of the Wake Forest BoT when he responded, "When I get older and retire I want to sit in that seat and watch your Egyptian ass ref a game."
    Ya, as I said not a big deal in what Hess said, but he needs to be bigger than that. Got to say, most of us might say something "bad or wrong" when provoked.
    March Madness starts in November

I am not a fan of Karl Hess, but I don't think its bad enough to warrant being banned from a league. He definitely shouldn't have said it but come on. He didn't use a slur. He called a guy a race that he is. Suspension probably but banning? No way.
    "Your greatness will silence them all." - The Ultimate Warrior

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast