Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Dawson to ...

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    is Liberty really joining CUSA? I hadn't heard that....seems like a bizarre move for the conference.

That isn't set in stone by any stretch. There is some talk they want a team out east, but James Madison is as likely as Liberty - and both would need to jump from FCS.

Texas State is where I think they will go. Huge university in the Austin / San Marcos area. Already playing FBS ball.

I'm sure the CUSA rumors were a recruiting tool, as Layer hasn't had a winning conference record since his second year at Liberty in 2010-11. More of a team chasing the elusive D1 football carrot. It will definitely be an easier road to hoe for Dawson, as Liberty hasn't been very good for a few years now.

I covered Liberty a long time ago. Got in trouble for calling a recruit a born again rebounder. Liberty has a heck of a lot of resources. Just wondering how much time Layer will be given?

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaWarrior View Post
    I covered Liberty a long time ago. Got in trouble for calling a recruit a born again rebounder. Liberty has a heck of a lot of resources. Just wondering how much time Layer will be given?
    "Born Again Rebounder."

That's Gold, Tulsa. Gold.

Not Marquette Gold, Tulsa, just "gold."

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    That isn't set in stone by any stretch. There is some talk they want a team out east, but James Madison is as likely as Liberty - and both would need to jump from FCS.

Texas State is where I think they will go. Huge university in the Austin / San Marcos area. Already playing FBS ball.
    I've heard that Liberty is ifey at best about jumping to the FBS level.
    March Madness starts in November

C-USA has been trying to get Illinois State for a couple of years, but Illinois State has other plans/hopes.

By the way - Illinois State is playing in the FCS Championship on Saturday in Frisco Texas - will start a new thread as to not dirty the John Dawson talk....
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12