Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Dawson to ...

John Dawson to ...

Liberty University where he'll play for former MU assistant Dale Layer.

Interesting. Just assumed he would transfer closer to home but now he's further away. Wonder if Buzz helped arrange that?

Good luck to the young man!

Wow - Liberty? Got to wonder if Buzz or Brad Autry was involved in that deal.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Buzz? Doubt it.

Brad? I would guess yes.

Good fit for him I'd imagine, he will excel there.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

The place completely weirds me out, and I cannot imagine why anybody but preacher's kids would want to play there. Then again, Dawson is apparently a preacher's kid. So perhaps it is a good fit for him. Places like Liberty do offer something that other schools do not. It doesn't appeal to me, but it does to some people. In fairness, there are a lot of people, particularly in Wisconsin, who say the same thing about Catholic universities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miller View Post
    Buzz? Doubt it.

Brad? I would guess yes.

Nevada on Scoop, who is a family member of some sort, said "Buzz Williams was actually was a key player in making it happen..."

WRT Autry, "Brad Autry wanted him at Hawaii bad but hes not a head coach and they didnt have a scholarship available until after this season."

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Nevada on Scoop, who is a family member of some sort, said "Buzz Williams was actually was a key player in making it happen..."

WRT Autry, "Brad Autry wanted him at Hawaii bad but hes not a head coach and they didnt have a scholarship available until after this season."
    An interesting corollary to this scenario is that Dawson did not land in Blacksburg with Buzz..... Rather telling?

The poster know as Nevada on Scoop also said, "The fact their changing conferences, to Conference USA and flew to New Mexico on a moments notice to recruit him meant alot."

is Liberty really joining CUSA? I hadn't heard that....seems like a bizarre move for the conference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast