Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: G-Town Game

Quote Originally Posted by DCwarrior View Post
    I think all three have a lot of potential, but Duane, JuJuan, and Sandy better put on at least 20 pounds of muscle during the off-season. They have to get stronger, be stronger with the ball to reduce TO's, and be able to absorb contact so they can finish at the basket and hold defenders off them in traffic. For all of Derrick's shortcomings (and btw, he's easily playing the best ball of his MU career of late), he's strong with the ball and able to absorb contact. If we had a full roster, Sandy would have been an ideal candidate to redshirt.
    Sounds alot like Vander Blue, circa his Freshman and Sophomore years.

This team certainly cannot be described as physical in any way. Does affect how things play out in games. Great effort, but just smaller and less physically strong than most teams. Derrick is an exception as he sometimes looks like a 6'1" PF when rebounding! Team-wise though, physicality is not there.
    Last edited by Nukem2; 01-07-2015 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    This team certainly cannot be described as physical in any way. Does affect how things play out in games. Great effort, but just smaller and less physically strong than most teams. Derrick is an exception as he sometimes looks like a 6'1" PF when rebounding! Team-wise though, physicality is not there.
    ...and yet but for some knuckle-headed decision making that last 1:43 they could have pulled it out on the road. The Vander comparisons are apropos for Duane and JJJ. As far as Derrick - he is due for one those crazy DJ blocks.

All in all, I remain very optimistic for the future including this year!

While I am never happy after a MU loss, I think Georgetown is good, and we battled with a chance to win at the end on the road. MU is playing the zone defense well. If Luke can cut back on his foul trouble, MU might pull out games like this later this season.

Watching the game I couldn't help but think Luke's shoulder is still not 100%. He goes up for rebounds with 1 hand and doesn't extend fully on many of his shots....at least it looked that way to me.

I wonder if it will ever heal on its own or if surgery will be needed?

Or maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there.

There were two plays in the second half that were almost identical. Juan on the wing/baseline, drives the lane, Luke seals out the fat man to give Juan a clear path. Both times, Smith shoves, literally shoves, Luke out of the way. The first time resulted in Juan being called for a charge, the second time Juan drew a foul on the shot.

Shows you how physical Gtown is and they continue to play that way until the whistle shows them to stop playing that way.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234