Thread: Transfers Under Buzz

Transfers Under Buzz

I posted this over on Scoop, but thought I would share here as well. From what I remember, and what people have since added and corrected, Buzz Williams signed 22 high school players at Marquette. Of those 22 players...

*2 never came to campus (Newbill, Durley)
    *7 transferred out under Buzz (Roseboro, Smith, Williams, Jones, Maymon, Mbao, Ferguson)
    *2 transferred out under Wojo (Dawson, Deonte)
    *2 left for pros (Blue, Mayo)
    *3 graduated (Junior, Otule, Gardner)
    *6 still with the program (Taylor, Johnson, Duane, Sandy, Juan, Derrick)

So of the 22 high school players signed by Buzz Williams, at best only 9 will graduate with degrees from Marquette. (Assuming Vander and Todd (HA!) don't come back to finish up.)

I hope we have more stability under Wojo.

While not "high school" players, you can't leave guys like Jamil Wilson, Darius Johnson Odom, Jimmy Butler and Joe Fulce out of this equation. All were at MU for 3 or more years and all graduated from MU.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

The context of the subject was his recruiting ability at the high school level so that is why I didn't include Jucos or transfers into the program.

A lot of misses there, that is for sure.

Another way to look at it is of the 18 or 19 kids that actually started a school year or semester at MU (did Rosebro take classes here?) under Buzz, it is possible that 8 will earn degrees at MU.

Another 4 out of 6 Juco's that began a semester at MU graduated as well. By the way, did Derrick already graduate? I thought he was expecting to be done this past semester.

Hard to look at graduation, as the 8 out of 19, or 12 out of 25 that attended class at MU might actually be a better rate than most schools from a graduation standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I posted this over on Scoop, but thought I would share here as well. From what I remember, and what people have since added and corrected, Buzz Williams signed 22 high school players at Marquette. Of those 22 players...

*2 never came to campus (Newbill, Durley)
    *7 transferred out under Buzz (Roseboro, Smith, Williams, Jones, Maymon, Mbao, Ferguson)
    *2 transferred out under Wojo (Dawson, Deonte)
    *2 left for pros (Blue, Mayo)
    *3 graduated (Junior, Otule, Gardner)
    *6 still with the program (Taylor, Johnson, Duane, Sandy, Juan, Derrick)

So of the 22 high school players signed by Buzz Williams, at best only 9 will graduate with degrees from Marquette. (Assuming Vander and Todd (HA!) don't come back to finish up.)

I hope we have more stability under Wojo.
    Roseboro is technically not a transfer as he never enrolled as a full-time student. Just attended summer school. Was then released from his NLI and went to St. Bonaventure and then transferred to a MEAC school. Buzz also signed 3 more who never came to campus as he left for Virginia Polytechnic Institute (Hill, Shayok and Pierce ).

What about Liam McMorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by 835schroeder View Post
    What about Liam McMorrow?
    He was actually a transfer from a Canadian College..Durham

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    He was actually a transfer from a Canadian College..Durham

Not to mention I had completely forgot about him.

Win at any cost

Screw the late coach. The guy didn't understand Marquette. He didn't leave because he was concerned about the Big Least.