Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MU vs Providemce Game Thread

JaJuan needs the floater.

Seton Hall and Villanova are in OT - The Monitors are up by one with under a minute to go.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Seton Hall 66, Villanova 61 in OT - Final.

Well, tied at half and I'll take that. Need to make some 3's in the second half as Providence will play better.

Can anyone beside Cohen make a 3? We should be up double digits if anyone else could make an outside shot. Carlino desperately needs to hit one to get his confidence back.

Keys for MU in first half.....

Rebounds: MU up on rebounds 16-12.

Turnovers: Providence has 11 turnovers, MU has 13 points off of those turnovers.

Sandy Cohen: 4-4 from the field, 2-2 from 3pt, 2-2 from ft - 12 points in first half.

Assists: MU always plays better when they move the ball around, at the half they have 7 assists on 13 made baskets. Could be more, but I'll take it.

Shooting Percentage: MU shooting 43.8% from field. Not as good as Providence' 50%, but good. Need to improve on the 20% from three.

They need to hit the 3's, but still think the middle is soft and either Juan or Steve could hit that 12 footer and open up some passes out to the wing or the corner for open 3's. Need to get Carlino going.

I am confident when Sandy Cohen has his feet set for a 3. Can't remember many MU players over the last 2 years that I felt confident whenever they shot a 3...much less a freshman. He is going to evolve into a really nice player.

Inability of Carlino and Duane to hit a shot is glaring right now. If Carlino can't shoot he really adds nothing to your team.

Thank God for Sandy and all of the turnovers or MU would be down big.

Size of Friars bothering Luke

Agree on a lot of what was said.

Ted - the 10-12 footer. So many players these days, not just them, are so dead set on driving in for the obnoxious "AND ONE!!!!". Prove you can drop the 10-12 footer and you will change how any team plays defense.

2003 - He may have the best form of anyone, needs to set those feet and let it fly!

Mark - Agree on Carlino. (and as I was about to hit submit he steals and goes the other way for two).

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast