Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Conference Record Prediction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Make that 7-11 now.....we just lost to the worst team in the conference after leading by 12 in the 2nd half

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Make that 7-11 now.....we just lost to the worst team in the conference after leading by 12 in the 2nd half
    Yeah, I will probably drop my prediction down one game to 7-11, though a hot Carlino/Duane Wilson night may create an equally puzzling result the other way.
    #BringShakaHome

7-11 sounds about right

11-7. They played well on the road but just fell apart against a team that has played MU tough the last few years. Poor shooting, turnovers, road game....just a bad mix. I think they will be fine and come out strong Saturday. Long season and can't give up quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Reality is striking home. Love our guys and our coach, but there are missing pieces here. Unfortunately (again), I'm changing to 6-10. (PS, really really need a PG for next year. Can Duane and Nick fill the bill?).
    6-10 sounds right, which two games should we refuse to play on our Sched? (Yes I am a smartass)

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    6-10 sounds right, which two games should we refuse to play on our Sched? (Yes I am a smartass)
    Obviously, 6-12 (changed from 8--10). thank you smartass...

When the recruiting is done, and next season starts, Duane may be our best option at point guard. You have to plan for what you have, not what you hope to have.

VS

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantSailor View Post
    When the recruiting is done, and next season starts, Duane may be our best option at point guard. You have to plan for what you have, not what you hope to have.

VS
    Yep. And Duane and Nick are what we have. Don't know if Cheatham will be able to help out there?

I think Duane can be a solid point guard by next year. His role this year is basically as PG3 on a team with two senior points. He can be a little loose with the handle, but a year's seasoning should help sort that out. He still has a decent A/T ratio (29/22) considering he's being asked to play more as a 2/3 most of the time.

Looking ahead, a starting 5 with Duane, Jajuan, Ellenson, and Fischer at four of the positions gives me a lot of confidence. Not sure who else will emerge, but this team could be very fun, especially if they can add a grad transfer or JUCO that can contribute immediately.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast