Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dickey Simpkins

Dickey Simpkins

Is there a worse announcer than Dickey Simpkins?!? He constantly is getting names wrong of our players...got I hate listening to that guy...
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

He has an annoying habit of combining names of different players..... ......Jujuan Anderson.....Dujuan Wilson.......

I mean we only have 8 players...shouldn't be that hard to get them right

Brutal

Brutal indeed. Dujuan Wilson... lol.

In just this one game I heard him go from DuJuan Wilson, to Duane Wilson, then back to DuJuan Wilson... I mean really?

Anyone else watch the post game interview of wojo? Dickey was predictably terrible.

Also, isn't this the third game in a row of ours he has called? It's not for a lack of practice. If it keeps getting worse, I wonder when we will be coached by Steve Diener.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

That's what makes it so much worse... He has done multiple MU games this year, he just simply doesn't seem to care to learn the right names... Gotta imagine Fox has some sort of quality control or review of their announcers.

But cmon, it's 3 time NBA champion Dickey Simpkins

One of the issues with so many games being televised these days, is that the bar to be a decent announcer has gotten much lower. He's probably down in Chicago. Easy to send him up to Milwaukee to do a game.

Curt Gowdy was considered an all time great and he had a lot of Dicky Simpkins moments. Who can ever forget the great "Bernard Tone"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast