Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big East and the NCAA Tournament

I hope DePaul at least keeps Purnell employed through our New Years Eve game. Marquette threw away our 2010 game at the Allstate Arena against them, but they played with a renewed effort under interim coach Tracy Webster in that game (after basically giving up on Coach Wainwright).

Understand the skepticism with my Xavier pick, but I still really like their roster and believe they have the highest ceiling of anyone outside of Nova and maybe Georgetown in the conference. They have been mediocre against a terrible out of conference schedule, doing nothing away from home and not having tested themselves against a surefire NCAA team. Still, I think they mostly meet their potential and finish strong enough to sneak into the NCAA's (and they will have to finish high in the league given that rubbish of a non-conference schedule). They need to improve their defense, but are really good on offense and I believe will outscore enough teams to win the majority of nights.

The Whitehead injury likely derails Hall's strong start to the season. Khadeen Carrington is a nice looking player for the future, but is best served now in his current 6th-7th man role (as is the case for most non-elite recruits). Their start to conference is not horribly tough, but some of those likely home wins may now be toss-up games or narrow losses that ultimately may cost the Hall a tourney bid (though like Marquette, they can potentially present the case of two different teams and the results of each teams). Still, I would flip at least 1-2 of Hall's wins to losses now.
    #BringShakaHome

For MU to have a .500 or better Big East season, a win in Chicago tomorrow is a must.

To go 10-8 or 11-7 in conference play you have to sweep a few teams - starting with DePaul.
    Get out of the gate with a big win and carry that momentum over to Saturday with a Providence win.

DePaul has been terrible, and we are playing very well right now.

Fischer will get Hamilton frustrated and in foul trouble. Just keep Garrett in check and good things will happen.

I am looking forward to a fun, and very challenging Big East Conference season.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    For MU to have a .500 or better Big East season, a win in Chicago tomorrow is a must.

To go 10-8 or 11-7 in conference play you have to sweep a few teams - starting with DePaul.
    Get out of the gate with a big win and carry that momentum over to Saturday with a Providence win.

DePaul has been terrible, and we are playing very well right now.

Fischer will get Hamilton frustrated and in foul trouble. Just keep Garrett in check and good things will happen.

I am looking forward to a fun, and very challenging Big East Conference season.
    Not only sweep some teams, but also avoid being swept. Some possibilities come to mind: Nova, G-Town, SJU, Providence and even Butler. A .500 season itself is going to be a huge challenge.

The most important thing is protecting home court. If we can win 7-8 games at home a league record above .500 is realistic. Those games are also the ones that most help our RPI. Protect home court, steal 2-3 away, go dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    The most important thing is protecting home court. If we can win 7-8 games at home a league record above .500 is realistic. Those games are also the ones that most help our RPI. Protect home court, steal 2-3 away, go dancing.
    Damn, now all I have is Dickie Simpkins saying "A D T, Protect your House" running through my head, over and over and over ... Yuk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12