Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marquette - Arizona State Game Thread

3.5 point spread.

Luke completely changes this team on both ends. Has to be the most impressive debut I've ever seen for a Marq player. He also plays like a very smart player, seems to understand the game on both ends.

I thought Steve's minutes would significantly decline, but not evaporate. He should only see the floor if Luke is in foul trouble or needs a blow - unfortunately he's just never learned how to play defense.

Terrible news about Jabari - feel real bad for him, good kid

Probably not since Wade made his debut in the Great Alaska Shootout way back when has a newbie been as impressive as Fischer was tonight. He was clearly MU's best player tonight and really dominated on both ends. I had high hopes for him coming in, but he was much better than I anticipated. He's physical, skilled offensively and is fundamentally sound on D. Hopefully this wasn't a 1-game fluke and he can continue to play well.

Color me impressed with Luke. Scored in the post with both hands. Hade a 12 ft fade. Rebounded well. Blocked a number of shots, and blocked at least 2 more where an MU player was called for a foul. Changed many shots too.

Just a different team on both sides of the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Those of us that said nobody would be happier with Luke's return than Steve Taylor may have been wrong.

At the 12 minute mark....
    Juan Anderson - 25 minutes
    Luke Fischer - 22 minutes
    Steve Taylor - 6 minutes
    Steve Taylor deserved what he got. He did absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by DCwarrior View Post
    Probably not since Wade made his debut in the Great Alaska Shootout way back when has a newbie been as impressive as Fischer was tonight. He was clearly MU's best player tonight and really dominated on both ends. I had high hopes for him coming in, but he was much better than I anticipated. He's physical, skilled offensively and is fundamentally sound on D. Hopefully this wasn't a 1-game fluke and he can continue to play well.
    And the GAS wasn't even Wade's first game. His first was against Loyola and Odartey Blankson's brother:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...m-crean-loyola

Wade's line was 21-9-5-2-3 which is pretty amazing.

I agree that Luke's debut was arguably the best since that, although Davante Gardner's was close (17, 5 rebs and 2 blocks albeit against a weak PVA&M).

Well, that was a fun night at the BC.

Fischer looks stronger than I expected. Nice little hook with either hand.

Duane Wilson had nice drives to the hoop from both the left and right side.

A lot easier to get out in transition when you have legitimate chance to get rebounds.

Students on break + 8:00 start = small crowd.

Great to see GE1974 & The Wingman in the house as well as meet ilovefreeway.
    I thought the student scetion filled in pretty nice in the lower bowl.
    March Madness starts in November

Wojo gets a T - interesting. As usual, he looks more fired up than the players do. Yelled at ref right away for lack of travelling. Ref had a quick trigger on the T, but Wojo's reaction was worthy of getting tossed. Love the way the assistant coaches immediately jumped up in front of him and formed a wall to keep him out of the refs' view.
    That jacket came off pretty darn quick. I wondered if he tore it. He did not wear it the remainder of the game.

Really a poor sequence from the official. He blows several calls and the worst was the ball bouncing out of bounds 10' from him. Then he is quick with the T. It seemed like he was saying to Wojo during the TO that Wojo was on the court and that is why he called it. Really a bush league type of officiating.

In another sequence, they called a foul on Anderson, who crashed into the MU bench. The official stared him down, almost waiting for some emotion (none came). Another display of a bad official.

To avoid the complaints that seem to follow, I am not complaining about the officiating last night. Just those two sequences and how the officials should have handled those more professionally.

I am pretty sure Wojo used one of the words a coach cannot use.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast