Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sundays Games

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    As tough as next Saturday may be, I believe that it is basically a must win for our tourney chances. It will take a perfect 40 minutes for us to have a chance, and is probably not realistic to dream about. Still, it is not nearly as incomprehensible as it would have been a week ago.

Season is way too long to call Saturday a must win.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Season is way too long to call Saturday a must win.
    Yes, December 6th is a wee bit early to make that statement.

As tough as next Saturday may be, I believe that it is basically a must win for our tourney chances. It will take a perfect 40 minutes for us to have a chance, and is probably not realistic to dream about. Still, it is not nearly as incomprehensible as it would have been a week ago.
    Said this on another board but I ran the RPI numbers. Assume MU loses this weekend, then wins the next 4 to go to 8-4 for the non-con. 11-7 in the Big East would leave us with an estimated RPI of 47. That may be good enough, maybe not. I doubt we need a win this weekend for our tournament hopes, although it certainly wouldn't hurt. If Ga. Tech and Tennessee both can end up top 75 or so that would be a huge lift as well.

With the Big East winning "big' games in the non-conference and still have many big games left, Saturday is not a must win. There is many shots in league play.
    The committee will view Marquette in a different way when Fisher can play.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    With the Big East winning "big' games in the non-conference and still have many big games left, Saturday is not a must win. There is many shots in league play.
    The committee will view Marquette in a different way when Fisher can play.
    Is that the NIT or NCAA committee... Seriously, its also way too early to worry about committee(s). Lets enjoy watching this team grow and get Luke out on the court. Lets Go Warriors.

BTW, Nolan RPI has MU at #69 now and Pomeroy has MU up to #105.

Relative to the BE, there could be a lot of teams in the 10-8 and 9-9 range. So these NC games are very important.
    Last edited by Nukem2; 12-01-2014 at 10:35 AM.

Not at all a must win. If we go 8-4 with one bad loss and 3 RPI top-50 losses that will be fine as long as we get wins in conference. I agree that 11-7 would probably be the bar. You never want to pin hopes on the conference tourney because the SC is very inconsistent with how much they weigh those games. If we go to MSG with a 19-11 record we will have a good shot, as long as there aren't any more bad losses (DePaul) and a few good wins (Bucky, Nova, Butler, Georgetown).

Funny how a few weeks changes things. Initially I thought to have a good conference record, Creighton would be one of the teams we'd have a chance to sweep. Now Creighton would be a win over a ranked opponent.

Great to hear some of the talk during weekend games about how good the Big East has been thus far.

Edit - Creighton not ranked, Butler is ranked.
    Last edited by Goose85; 12-01-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Is that the NIT or NCAA committee... Seriously, its also way too early to worry about committee(s). Lets enjoy watching this team grow and get Luke out on the court. Lets Go Warriors.

BTW, Nolan RPI has MU at #69 now and Pomeroy has MU up to #105.

Relative to the BE, there could be a lot of teams in the 10-8 and 9-9 range. So these NC games are very important.
    I never said I'm worried about the committee. I'm worried about the BE getting wins. The rest will take care of itself.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I never said I'm worried about the committee. I'm worried about the BE getting wins. The rest will take care of itself.
    Just having a little fun there...

I just ran Omaha through the RPI Wizard. If they win the games they are favored to win, they should go 20-8 & finish with an RPI of 101. If they exceed expectations they will be a top-100 RPI team. Even if they come up short, say they go 17-11, they would still be a RPI top-150 team. They aren't near as bad a loss as everyone thinks they are.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast