Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brad Autry

Brad is a great guy. Sent me some pics of the view from his new place, "Toto this ain't Kansas anymore" says it all. Great guy and I wish him all the best. He would have loved to have stayed on at MU but is in a good spot - I'm sure he will do great things there!
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Yeah, it is always a tough game for assistants. When a new coach comes in, he is going to bring in his own guys, no matter how good the old ones are. So goodbye Brad and Jerry. There are exceptions. Both Kevin O'Neill and Mike Deane kept Bo Ellis, but he had a long history with the program and was the black guy with connections in Chicago. Deane also kept Dan Theis, but he probably would have wanted him anyway, as he had been his top assistant the previous year at Sienna. Lots of guys unfortunately get left behind.

good for Brad, easy to root for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Brad is a great guy. Sent me some pics of the view from his new place, "Toto this ain't Kansas anymore" says it all. Great guy and I wish him all the best. He would have loved to have stayed on at MU but is in a good spot - I'm sure he will do great things there!
    When I lived in Hawaii, we lived in the same condo as Hawaii's offensive coordinator, Paul Johnson, who currently coaches Georgia Tech. I remember the conversations I had with him about when he first arrived. Quite the different experience from the mainland.

In Hawaii, with no pro sports, everyone lives and breathes UH sports, most all sports. They get (or at least when I was there) great crowds for most all sports. The women's volleyball sold out every game. They actually built a bigger arena just for them.

A side note. In the three years I lived there, I attended dozens of UH sporting events - Football, basketball, baseball, men's & women's volleyball. Not once did I ever see them lose. So, if Brad wants a good luck charm, I am for rent.......
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    A side note. In the three years I lived there, I attended dozens of UH sporting events - Football, basketball, baseball, men's & women's volleyball. Not once did I ever see them lose. So, if Brad wants a good luck charm, I am for rent.......
    It got so bad that sometime in the '70s, the Rainbows BB team was required by the NCAA to import their refs from the mainland. Seems the local refs were fans, too....

VS

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantSailor View Post
    It got so bad that sometime in the '70s, the Rainbows BB team was required by the NCAA to import their refs from the mainland. Seems the local refs were fans, too....

VS
    IIRC, Hawaii was one of Bernard Toone's final selections before finally picking MU. Bernard in Hawaii at that age? Yikes.

Not yikes, "Maui Wowi"!

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    IIRC, Hawaii was one of Bernard Toone's final selections before finally picking MU. Bernard in Hawaii at that age? Yikes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12