Thread: Goodman sets the record straight

Goodman sets the record straight

Goodman is working the sideline for Syracuse/Cal. Announcers talking about Cuonzo and threw it down to Goodman. He mentioned the petition at Tennessee then said "he interviewed at Marquette, didn't get the job". Squashes the myth that he turned the job down.

Cuonzo is a really solid coach who should do a good job at Cal (hiring Yanni Hufnagel to his staff helps ease his transition from SEC country to the west coast). However, love the guy that we hired and think we found a phenomenal institutional fit. Marquette's best chance at becoming elite is following the Duke model, and Wojo is naturally a great choice to help follow that model.
    #BringShakaHome

When the search was going on, Martin was my choice. When Wojo was chosen, I was fine with that. At his introduction, Lovell said nice things about the candidates, but suggested that he was not the best fit for one reason or another. In any case, I am pleased with the guy we got and hope Martin is successful at Cal. He certainly got shafted at Tenn. Much as I dislike Pearl, it would be beautiful irony to watch Auburn beat up Tenn and their new coach.

Now, maybe Goodman will come clean on Buzz. I know, wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    Goodman is working the sideline for Syracuse/Cal. Announcers talking about Cuonzo and threw it down to Goodman. He mentioned the petition at Tennessee then said "he interviewed at Marquette, didn't get the job". Squashes the myth that he turned the job down.
    I think most who are not Marquette haters, knew Martin didn't turn the job down at Marquette.
    March Madness starts in November

Where was it reported that Cuonzo turned down Marquette? There was a bunch of talk about him pulling out of the running, but everyone knows that's a face saving measure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Where was it reported that Cuonzo turned down Marquette? There was a bunch of talk about him pulling out of the running, but everyone knows that's a face saving measure.
    Bingo!
    March Madness starts in November

Just a few:

http://www.wate.com/story/25124931/c...down-marquette

https://circleparknews.wordpress.com...ins-with-vols/

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spor...earch/7150397/

The last one is funny. "Tennessee is where I want to be". Riiiiiiiiight.

Well that's what I mean. The headline writers said "turns down," but the body of those stories all say "removed his name from consideration." I think anyone who is anyone whose opinion is weighed heavily nationally knows what went down.

Well that's what I mean. The headline writers said "turns down," but the body of those stories all say "removed his name from consideration." I think anyone who is anyone whose opinion is weighed heavily nationally knows what went down.
    I'm sure a lot of people did/do think that, but there's also plenty of people who think he legitimately turned the job down.