Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA coming to Milwaukee

March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Well hashed over before, but the only reason the BC sold out in 2014 was the placement of the government school here. Even that really did not do it as seats were available for basically face on game day. Unless said government school returns in 2017, look for lots of empty seats. Too many fans have come to the realization that it's not worth it to pay inflated prices to the corrupt NCAA, paying inflated food prices and being locked into watching only the game on the floor (no cutting away to other games during the TV-related longer timeouts) when you could stay at home or hit a sports bar, watch 4 games at once for a fraction of the price. [/rant].
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Seems expected, wish we could watch Marquette play here. I'll be more interested when we get a regional final and a chance to host our own team in that. Seriously, I wish Madison would actually bid on this. The d-bags just take advantage of us hosting to get a home crowd environment, it'd be nice if they returned that favor.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    Well hashed over before, but the only reason the BC sold out in 2014 was the placement of the government school here. Even that really did not do it as seats were available for basically face on game day. Unless said government school returns in 2017, look for lots of empty seats. Too many fans have come to the realization that it's not worth it to pay inflated prices to the corrupt NCAA, paying inflated food prices and being locked into watching only the game on the floor (no cutting away to other games during the TV-related longer timeouts) when you could stay at home or hit a sports bar, watch 4 games at once for a fraction of the price. [/rant].
    Debbie Downer!

Every year the Bradley Center has hosted, has sold-out.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 11-17-2014 at 03:11 PM.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Seems expected, wish we could watch Marquette play here. I'll be more interested when we get a regional final and a chance to host our own team in that. Seriously, I wish Madison would actually bid on this. The d-bags just take advantage of us hosting to get a home crowd environment, it'd be nice if they returned that favor.

I'm not sure Madison is considered large enough to host any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Every year the Bradley center has hosted, has sold-out.
    Yep. Usually good crowds whether or not Bucky is around.

PS, it sold out at the Arena as well in the 80's prior to the BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Yep. Usually good crowds whether or not Bucky is around.
    Exactly, the NCAA doesn't care if the seats are full, they care if they are all paid for... Almost any site you go to has empty seats for most games. People buy the full packages and then pick and choose which games they want to go to.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I'm not sure Madison is considered large enough to host any longer.
    Can't be that, all these places are hosting and are smaller than the Kohl Center.
    Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence 12,400
    Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines 16,110
    Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena 14,000
    Intrust Bank Arena in Wichita 15,000
    Taco Bell Arena in Boise 12,644
    Viejas Arena in San Diego 12,414

I think Madison doesn't host because they're committed to either the HS tournaments or the new Big Ten hockey tournament at the Kohl Center now.
    Last edited by Litehouse; 11-17-2014 at 02:22 PM.

I have not attended in a long time, but when I did, it was worth the price of admission. Louisville played Tulsa in an overtime game to start it out, and since we were in C-USA with Louisville at the time, they had a fair amount of support (well, that and their smoking hot dance team.) Of course lots of people drifted out during the 2-14 and 3-13 games, which were predictably terrible. Time to break for dinner. But the whole thing is just exciting, and the fact that you can now watch all the games on your phone makes it easy enough to see them all if that is what you are inclined to do. The NCAA does set it up so that you are not missing your team's games by watching someone else's by scheduling them on different days.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast