Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starters

I don't know if the players are as fired up as Wojo is - great to see that fire.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

John Dawson with only 4 minutes in the game, not a lot of PT. Derrick Wilson has been injured most of the week - played 13 minutes in first half and hasn't taken the sweats off in the second half.

Wojo's attitude has changed - has become a little Irritated with the team. Carlino's T was warranted, the foul that led to the T was not.

Rebounding stats - UT-Martin up 31-22, and that is with both bigs in foul trouble. UT-Martin has 11, yes ELEVEN offensive rebounds - WAY too many!

Bit sloppy at times, but hustle and energy are both very good.

Refs are really clamping down on the hand checking this year - Carlino, Duane Wilson & Cohen all with 4 fouls.

not to mention, finally seeing some good shooting from beyond the arc. that is refreshing. rebounding is going to be a struggle until at least fischer plays if not all year. I almost would like to see the old Tom Crean style of having our limited bigs turn and face the bigs on the other side to clear them out and let our guards do the rebounding. jjj's length, duane wilsons hops, derrick wilsons strength, etc would allow them to rebound well if we could clear out the bigs on the other side.

Cohen lighting it up!

VS

not great, but not too shabby. we got some parts we can work with this year. not our smallest team ever (lazar & jimmy manning the front line), but not far from it. It is definitely encouraging to see them shoot the ball with confidence and to see a few of the young guys have a nice game. For a freshman, I have been really impressed with Sandy. Very pure stroke and plays with in himself. He will be a nice complimentary player this year.

Good start, a little better than I'd have guessed. Feel even more like making the Orlando classic final is possible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast