Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buzz Williams Twitter Q&A

He also mentioned instability at the administration level, though that may have been from his mouthpiece. Yet, we got rid of the President and AD, in some ways, to accommodate him, thereby creating the instability.

President's removal had nothing to do with Buzz.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I disagree, I worded that carefully. I think the lack of instiutional support was something that caused Buzz anxiety. Everyone on the Board knew MU hoops was vital to the University. That, along with many other things, caused Fr. P. to be ousted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    President's removal had nothing to do with Buzz.

Whatever role Buzz had in the ousting of Larry Williams and especially Pilarz should be his longest lasting contribution to Marquette. Marquette's presidents have historically been either awesome (Raynor, Wild) or awful (DiIluio, Pilarz), and thankfully it looks like Dr. Lovell is the pendulum swing back to awesome.
    #BringShakaHome

Pilarz was a train wreck unrelated to Buzz. Lucky he left when he did.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    When asked why he left, I believe he said something to the effect that he didn't know with the players coming back that they could be any better than this year's team, expressed concern over the long term strength of the league going forward, and had concerns that the league was aligned with FOX Sports and not ESPN. Now, all of those have an element of truth to them and I don't believe they are necessarily mean spirited, but IMO, you don't go on national tv the day after you leave Marquette and say anything negative about your former school. He should have talked up the positives about VaTech and the ACC and left it at that. I thought it was pretty negative spin toward MU and the BE. He didn't have to go there, but he chose to anyway

And you know he has Goodman and Parrish fighting to see how far up his ass they can get, and those guys are incapable of saying something good about Brent without spinning it negatively about Marquette.
    Alpha - I know this has been discussed a bunch and everyone here continues to say how he trashed Marquette and the Big East by saying this and saying that but I have yet to see exact quotes of what he said that was so bad. Not saying he did or didn't say things, it just seems every time this comes up people say "I believe he said something like...."

So I guess my question is, can someone tell me (similar to Buzz's question to you) what exactly did he say that was bashing of Marquette?

I think Buzz mentioned the conference when he was on the set of CBS the first weekend of NCAA tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    I think Buzz mentioned the conference when he was on the set of CBS the first weekend of NCAA tourney.
    Yup.

thank you

On a day like today, I think it's best to just tweet thank you to Buzz Williams...and attach a picture of 247s top four recruiting classes for 2015.

I've said before that Buzz prides himself on being honest, and perhaps he would help himself by being a little less so. He is right about many of those things. No one can argue that the ACC is not the strongest basketball conference today, or that the Big East is not what it once was. It is clear that Buzz had some problems with his superiors that IWB has detailed a bit. They were not the guys who hired him, or the ones he referred to when he said "I'll be here as long as they want me." I personally was not offended when Buzz left. Sorry it did not work out. Thanks for your hard work. Now, bring on the new guy. When Crean left for Ix4, several people suggested that both schools got what they wanted. That is about right. I think it is right again. So good luck to Buzz and I'll pay attention to how his team does sometimes. I will pay a lot more attention to Marquette. Judging by today, I think we are doing pretty well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast