Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buzz Williams Twitter Q&A

Buzz Williams Twitter Q&A

Buzz will be having a Twitter Q&A session Thursday at 11 AM.

"Your greatness will silence them all." - The Ultimate Warrior

Do the #Hokies fans even realize basketball is starting soon? Maybe so since Va Tech is last in their ACC division in football. While there are a ton of questions I'd like to ask Buzz, such as...
    • Marquette is picked near the bottom of the Big East because of a deficiency in talent. Is that a failing of the person that recruited the players, the person that developed the players, or the person that evaluated the players?
    • If Isaiah Briscoe picks St. John's as expected tomorrow, that will give the Big East the same number of top-25 recruits in 2015 as the ACC has. So would you still say it's harder to recruit in the Big East?
    • When did you find out about the Tyndall investigation, and was that information helpful in flipping Chris Clarke?

...I think I'll refrain

Side note...I listened to his radio show last night for 20 minutes. In those 20 minutes he dropped every cliche hes got:

-OKGs
    -Special Teams
    -Paint touches
    -Husbands and Fathers

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Do the #Hokies fans even realize basketball is starting soon?
    I think it's very possible he receives more questions from Marquette fans then VT fans.
    "Your greatness will silence them all." - The Ultimate Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Do the #Hokies fans even realize basketball is starting soon? Maybe so since Va Tech is last in their ACC division in football. While there are a ton of questions I'd like to ask Buzz, such as...
    • Marquette is picked near the bottom of the Big East because of a deficiency in talent. Is that a failing of the person that recruited the players, the person that developed the players, or the person that evaluated the players?
    • If Isaiah Briscoe picks St. John's as expected tomorrow, that will give the Big East the same number of top-25 recruits in 2015 as the ACC has. So would you still say it's harder to recruit in the Big East?
    • When did you find out about the Tyndall investigation, and was that information helpful in flipping Chris Clarke?

...I think I'll refrain
    Go for it Brew! I called him out for one of his BS tweets earlier in the summer. He responded through private messaging and we had quite the conversation. It was actually pretty therapuetic for me and I now have officially moved on. He even followed me. His bad.

I pray his road game to South Bend next year is on a weekend. I will go there, get bombed, and hurt his feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Go for it Brew! I called him out for one of his BS tweets earlier in the summer. He responded through private messaging and we had quite the conversation. It was actually pretty therapuetic for me and I now have officially moved on. He even followed me. His bad.
    care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    care to elaborate?
    Sure. Buzz tweets some crap about the grass not always being greener on the other side. I responded that he must have learned that lesson AFTER he left Marquette with a hashtag of characterrevealedindeed. He private messages me back asking how my wife and I are doing and saying he didn't know I was on twitter. He was not confrontational at all, so my wife tells me to" just let it go". Sorry, can't do that. I respond that my wife is doing fine now that she has gotten over your planned escape from MU and the way you crapped on MU on the way out the door. He says that his leaving was not planned and "please teach me how I could have exited better".(condescending sob). I said I have no problem with you leaving, just don't go on tv the next day and crap on our players, the league and our FOX contract. He says he never said a bad word about any of that. I said you really need to watch the film because you seem to be misremembering. He then reiterated that he never said anything negative toward MU on the way out . I said have a nice life.Then he follows me.

Interesting thanks for sharing. What specifically did he say that was negative towards MU on his way out?

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    Interesting thanks for sharing. What specifically did he say that was negative towards MU on his way out?
    When asked why he left, I believe he said something to the effect that he didn't know with the players coming back that they could be any better than this year's team, expressed concern over the long term strength of the league going forward, and had concerns that the league was aligned with FOX Sports and not ESPN. Now, all of those have an element of truth to them and I don't believe they are necessarily mean spirited, but IMO, you don't go on national tv the day after you leave Marquette and say anything negative about your former school. He should have talked up the positives about VaTech and the ACC and left it at that. I thought it was pretty negative spin toward MU and the BE. He didn't have to go there, but he chose to anyway

And you know he has Goodman and Parrish fighting to see how far up his ass they can get, and those guys are incapable of saying something good about Brent without spinning it negatively about Marquette.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast