Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Providence Upset Alert?

OT: Providence Upset Alert?

The Friars are trailing Albany at the half 27-26. Great steal and drive by Madison native Junior Lomomba to cut the lead to 1 at the half. Providence with inconsistent play at the point and seem to be struggling to find someone to step up next to Henton as that second reliable scoring option. Albany is doing a good job on the defensive end, slowing things down, and generally making things tough on the Friars. Good game so far, on FS2.

Providence up 44-41 at the under 12 timeout. Freshman Ben Bentil looks like a good one. Well polished for a young big man.

Albany won't go away. They lead 47-46 with 8 minutes to play. The three ball is keeping Albany in this. They keep hitting clutch shots while Providence is struggling from range.

Ladontae Henton has so much Lazar Hayward in his game. He can do a bit of everything, scoring, rebounding, blocking shots, I love that kid. Providence up 2 with under 3:00 to play.

Tyler Harris might be that second scorer. Monster three in the final minute to beat the shot clock. Of course... Albany had an immediate three to answer.

OMG!!! I though Burr was retiring! Didn't I just see him on this game?

Providence escapes 64-60. Great game, Albany was very tough.

Kris Dunn looks to have a little rust to work off.

Quote Originally Posted by farmerdoc View Post
    OMG!!! I though Burr was retiring! Didn't I just see him on this game?
    Often times refs retire after a nice holiday tournament as a parting gift. Let's hope it isn't in Orlando.

He is getting up there in age, and judging by his waist size, he isn't in any better shape this year than last. Don't want the old guy to keel over on the court!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast